1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by yashoda, Aug 27, 2004.

1. yashoda

yashoda Member

Hi!
    I have a Sony 510UL, and bought a pack of Princo DVD-RWs. 3 out of the 5 in the pack i managed to write on normally. 2 simply didn't work. Now, when I've tried formatting/erasing, etc. NONE of them work.

I've used Nero, Clone, Roxio's EasyCDcreator, and RecordNowDX. I've also tried DVDinfopro.

They all said, FORMATTING, etc. but when I try to write to the DVD after the 50 or so minutes, whatever program i use says that the DVD in the drive is not blank, and asks to erase it again.

How do I erase and reformat these DVDs?

Thanks

Ys,
    yashoda

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Reformat 'em right in the trash. They suck! Meritline has branded Ritek G04's on sale right now for .45 ea. w/free shipping, that's +r or -r. These are an excellent media and one this forum prefers. Out of over 300 burns, I had one bad one. Pretty good track recoed, huh?

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Dont hold back bigo,tell them how you really feel lol

My bud bigo is right,princo is far from the best media availble.He's also right about the riteks, and his choice of place to order them, is my choice also.I ordered a bunch of those discs a couple months back at 65 cents a piece(i thought the price wouldnt get any cheaper,boy was i ever wrong)very good stuff tho.
    One more thing,rw's dont have to be formatted(just to clear that up)they are good right out of the box

bigo:great track record(299-1),you just jinxed yourself bigtime now

blaze on clubbers
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Jim, my mentor! How ya been? lol yeah, those riteks at Meritline, I just bought 100 2 weeks ago for .54 ea., thought that was a great price. i think these DL media's gottem scared!

Good point about the reformat.

BTW, I miss the mermaid! bring her back, please.lol

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Ive been good,busy but good.Most of my spare time is spent nowadays on fantasy football(yes im a junkie)

Hows the vols gonna do this year?
    I keep staring at your gif and no matter how many times that guy gets knocked down, the fool keeps getting up lol

my mermaid stopped showing up on my screen,can you see her now?

http://www.gifs.net/animate/a-oj2.gif
    my sig
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Maybe I need my "virtual" glasses.

The Vols have a TON of talent this year, one big problem- they are young and inexperienced. Look for next year to do good things, unless the NFL takes 'em!

What's your college and pro teams?

BTW, I'm in one too.

(Fantasy football League that is!)

God, I love this time of year, i'm so excited, I can't wait!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hey bigo

Just 12 days and 10 hours and 30 some minutes till kickoff hell yeah!!
    Yes I love this time of year,everybody is in contention for a bowl game, or a superbowl.(ahhh the anticipation)

Good luck to you with the vol's!
    this is one of the things wrong with college football,when they qualify for the draft,there gone.Universities need to subsidize these kids so they wont come out before they are ready.(touchy subject)

My favorite teams? umm college,when I was young and foolish, I used to root for the cornhuskers(lincoln being only 200 miles from home)they had some decent teams.(when they could all get out on work release he he... did you know that the N on their helmets stands for knowledge? lol )As for now,I just root for good games, I dont have a favorite.

NFL?Im very sad to say that ive been a vikings fan, since I was a wee aD'er.When will they ever stop breaking my heart?(glutton for punishment I guess)I bleed purple!

Your a fantasy player too?we'll have to discuss start em, sit em, oppinions in pm when the season starts.Im in several yahoo leagues(free...god i love that word)the only free one with live drafts, that ive found on the net.
    hmmmmm a trade has been accepted,fred taylor, and ashley lelie, for tiki barber, and joey galloway(veto time)I smell collusion(damn public leagues)

Ok this post has turned out to be longer than I expected,as you can see I love talking football.

Yashoda,I hope you get your problems sorted out.

Bigo,we kinda turned this thread into a b.s.ing thread.

ok I am out
    blaze on clubbers
    jim

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]Bigo,we kinda turned this thread into a b.s.ing thread.[/bold]

LOL, yeah, but we helped yashoda out 1st!(hopefully,lol)

Know what ya mean about the Vikings, i'm a Skins fan. how tuff do you think it was to root for Steve Spurrier from the Florida gators( and which Tennessee hates) when he took over Washngton, my favorite pro team?

I'm also a big Green Bay fan, not too far from Minnesota, at least from where I live.

My League is yahoo also, small world.

Just to take this thread back to media, yashoda, hope everything turned out OK. OK?

9. yashoda

yashoda Member

Yo BigO and Jim,

Thanx for all the help.

Well, the help was basically this: don't buy Princo anymore, cos they're JUNK!!

That's a simple, but sad (for Princo), truth.

Hope u guys enjoy da game!!!

Ys,
    yashoda