1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Santa .. update

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by limelight, Oct 17, 2004.

1. calugrl

calugrl Member

Hey guys. I just downloaded DVD Santa to try to convert my avi files to DVDs to play. I don't know if I did it wrong, but it's not playing in my DVD player. I thought you simply would chose the file that you wanted to encode and hit Create DVD. Took roughly 4 hours to convert...went to burn it and the DVD won't play. Am I doing this wrong? Does this cover the video and audio files? Lost!

2. zxe

zxe Member

I i have used dvdsanta and it's a god program to convert RM files to dvd, i have not used the other features, but as an easy program to convert dvd from files, it's very good. As for other copying software i have them all and i have found non including DVD x and shrink not to work. What i did want is something that cut good quality xvids in to DVD and this program (dvdsanta) does that

3. calugrl

calugrl Member

Nevermind guys. I got it. It wouldn't play in my DVD player. Tried it somewhere else and it works like a pro. *sighs* Frustated my DVD player won't work with DVDR media.

4. hammer352

hammer352 Member

when I burn a movie it seemed to play fine on my home
    dvd player but wouldnt play on my dvd rom i.e mp3, real player, or power dvd, but I downloaded interactual player and it seems to work fine.

on dvd santa you must click on video fines to dvd, then click add media to convert and shrink video, clicking on create dvd only when this is done, If you already have a file that has been converted an shrunk down to fit on a 4.7 disc then you can just click disc image to dvd,
    an I have found that it burns movie in whatever format the movie was originaly in, thus letterbox or full screen.

hope this helps
    have a nice day
    Ed

5. daxor

daxor Member

My dvdSanta works well, but i have one problemm with it. I burn 2 cd´s AVI into a DVD format by dvdSanta, but when i play it by dvd-player (Pioneer) 2 cd´s sound don´t hear.

Please forgive my bad english i come from Finland ;D

6. hammer352

hammer352 Member

sorry daxor, I havent had that problem. I would suggest you try an e-mail to dvdsanta's tech department...

Support@dvdsanta.com

perhaps they can tell you what you need to do

7. Troyers

Troyers Guest

Thank You guys for all your help but I think that did not solve my problem with DVDSanta I still cant encode divx movies to my hard drive

Can somebody help me please.

Troyers

8. hammer352

hammer352 Member

I had to go to Support@dvdsanta.com to get a link to a site that had the proper codec's for dvix an xvid movies
    sorry I dont remember the link

9. Pear5

Pear5 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2004
  10. bcook12

bcook12 Member

I'm having the same problem as Daxor. I'm converting 2 SVCD movies to DVD. When I originally play the file in windows media, it plays the sound just fine.

I went through the conversion with DVDSanta and the picture looks great but I have no audio on my disk. I tried playing the disc on my computer and standalone player and all went well except for the audio. When I loaded the file it said there was no audio.

Anyone got any ideas?

11. hammer352

hammer352 Member

I just downloaded a svcd movie from kazaa lite (the last samurai) and converted it with dvdsanta...

movie plays and sound great on interactual player, power dvd player, an plays an sounds great on the t.v..

windows media player great picture no sound..sounds like it must be a windows media problem, my wife says there are codecs missing from the windows player...

real payer would not play movie at all...

12. paubar6

paubar6 Member

i tried dvd santa 30-day trial version for a few weeks, liked it and recently bought the "full download." it works well converting and then burning, if you want to do it at that time, SOME video files onto dvd. it is slow. however, it simply refuses to load up some files for conversion no matter what i try. and there is no tech support that i'm aware of. any suggestions? thanks

13. hammer352

hammer352 Member

Support@dvdsanta.com send your questions here they will help

14. control02

control02 Member

DVD Santa is good at burning already created video_ts files

however it is horrible in creating video_ts files form mpeg or avi

I ahve tried it 15 times and every single time the sounds never ever match the lip movements. sound always 2 seconds ahead

15. vvkp

vvkp Member

hi,
    Everything is fine with DVD santa. But unfortunately..audio vedio sync and you can not forward the DVD in dvdplayer....only 2X works other speeds won't work. Another drawback is it jumps some chapters. Any suggestions please. One more thing...DVDSanta support team never responds to your email please.
    Krishna

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  16. amitm

amitm Member

y is there no sound when i encode and burn a dvd thru dvdsanta?? i have tried about 6 times n its getting a waste of time. please help me!!!

17. paubar6

paubar6 Member

My only complaint about DVDSanta is that it's slow as Christmas, to coin a phrase! The WinAVI file converter is probably a better deal for the money (it is more flexible), but I'm not going to toss another $25-$30. As for the picture but no sound, this happened to me once, I think with a DivX movie. I solved it by downloading a freebie called All Codecs. I forget the specific website, but it may have been Windows. Hope this helps.

18. paubar6

paubar6 Member

My only complaint about DVDSanta is that it's slow as Christmas, to coin a phrase! The WinAVI file converter is probably a better deal for the money (it is more flexible), but I'm not going to toss another $25-$30. As for the picture but no sound, this happened to me once, I think with a DivX movie. I solved it by downloading a freebie called All Codecs. I forget the specific website, but it may have been Windows. Hope this helps.

19. andy838

andy838 Member

I am a big believer in DVD santa for making things into DVD (VOB) format. I haven't had much luck in burning from the dvd santa program though. I just use Nero and point it to the directory dvd santa puts the VOBS into.

IMHO

Andy

20. limelight

limelight Regular member

I know some of you say that dvdsanta is a slow prog, but when i compared it to TMPEG, that took over 20 hours just to convert it to dvd format. There was only one problem i had with the software (which i fixed shortly after). Right before you convert your file, click on "advanced", then change the file size from 47000... to 430000... and that fixed a problem i had with the audio and video desynching during the last 15 min of the film. Other than that, i have 16 movies that play great.