1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Santa .. update

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by limelight, Oct 17, 2004.

1. juniordee

juniordee Guest

help is there any way dvd santa goes faster its just ridiculously slow is the trial version slower than the full version or is it just the same or is there anothe software that does the same thing but faster

2. paubar6

paubar6 Member

i tried the trial version, then bought the full version. hey both work at the same slow speed, at least for me. and ive found no way to speed it up.if anyone knows of a way to increase the speed of encoding and burning, please let us all know. but otherwise, it works well fairly well. certainly better than the aforementioned tmpg. occasionally i have a problem with a movie in which the picture is a little slow and jerky, and the soundtrack is out of synch. anyone know how this might be fixed?

3. hammer352

hammer352 Member

yes santa is slow as xmas but the end results is movies,

4. limelight

limelight Regular member

if its really slow, then consider upgrading your hardware. i have a pentium 4 2.4 ghz, 1 gig of ram, 128mb 9600 pro ati graphics card, and 80gb 7200 hard drive. its video, it takes more processing power than audio.

-----as far as the audio desynching i had that problem too. go to the "advanced" tab, and lower the size from 47000... bytes to 43000...bytes. that will solve the problem.-----

5. hammer352

hammer352 Member

speed isnt everything I tried for a year to burn movies with all types of different solfware with no results, so I can live with the 4 hour average it takes me to do one....

have a nice day
    hammer352

6. kenmo

kenmo Member

This is a great prog. for the purposes it was intended for. Before this you had to know a bunch of stuff about video & the dvd process before you could do anything.

Most people just want to put some video on a DVD, nothing fancy... this is for them. A great prog. for video newbs. So far, it's worked with everything I've thrown at it, but I must say that I already had the KLite Mega Codec Pack installed, so I never ran into that kind of issues.

Gets a big thumbs up from me :)

7. hammer352

hammer352 Member

that about sums it up way to go kenmo