1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd shake and shutter

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Ceteri, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Ceteri

Ceteri Member

Burning a dual layer back up of a dual layer DVD I am experiencing shaking, or shuttering, during scenes where a significant amount of panning is involved. This occurs regardless of the scene (that involves panning) and doesn't appear to get better during the course of the movie. As the picture pans faster it gets choppier. By choppy/shuttering/shaking I mean that it shakes up and down quickly like it's almost got a vertical sync problem. However, this happens in any dvd player I can find but not in any PC, where of course it plays perfectly. I tried to compress it with DVDRB using HC encoder but the same problem occurred, although not as harsh. Is there a frame server I need to run it through? What's going on here?

2. colw

colw Active member

Could be a number of reasons including the use of poor quality media or burning too fast.
    What media are you using?
    What speed are you burning at?
    Are you copying on the fly?

3. Ceteri

Ceteri Member

The two discs were an HP DVD+R DL and a Fujifilm DVD-R burned at 2.4x and 8.0x respectively. The first off of a dvd9 image and the second off of the same but re-encoded to dvd5.

Thank you for the reply!