1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 2008 Download

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by tharts92, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tharts92

tharts92 Member

The DVD Shrink 2008 Download is a rip off. They do not have a 2008 updated version. There is a link on their home page to download the 2008 version. Guess what it's the 3.2.0.15 version.
    This is listed in the AfterDawn links.

Wake up AfterDawn.

Most of the programs are trial versions. They are stalling about giving me a refund.
    This website is fraudulent and deceptive.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

3. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

You mean Afterdawn or the website that took you to the cleaners?

4. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

It would of been the website and not AfterDawn

5. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

I sincerely hope you get your refund.

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I hate to be cynical, but i doubt you'll get the refund.

Maybe it's just me, but don't people bother doing some homework on something before they purchase?

7. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

Well, maybe...maybe not. But you know what? No matter how old or how wise we think we are, we all get fooled again at some time or another. Hopefully less and less as time goes by. It's called being human and I'm as guilty as anyone. It stinks but it's true.

8. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

I agree with Peshtigo to an extent, we were all new to this at some point in time (I still am), but that said, we also have unlimited resources to help make informed decisions. I read what people used and searched for the reviews of those products long before I ever purchased any type of software. I also took the time to ask specific questions of those members here that I could see were well informed and new the products that were out there. Thankfully they took the time to help and I feel I made informed decisions in my purchases. I never like to see anyone get "hosed", and yes it does happen to everyone, but you should also take advantage of the information available to help lessen the chance of it happening. Just my two cents.

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I'm not trying to say it doesn't happen. I'm just saying that for most of these scams...there's ample information pegging them for exactly what they are.

It's worth a little bit of homework from time to time.

10. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

I know that, and agree, as you were (and still are) one of those that helped me make informed decisions on what to get and to use. And I owe you as well as the other regulars here a huge debt of gratitude in keeping me from making those costly mistakes.

11. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

Couldn't agree more.

12. tharts92

tharts92 Member

Well fokes DVD Shrink download 2008 did refund all my money.

13. tharts92

tharts92 Member

I don't understand why Afterdawn allows this to be on their website.

14. tharts92

tharts92 Member

Afterdawn did not rip me off. The DVD Shrink 2008 download website tried to rip me off. There are links on the Afterdawn website to it. Possibly threatening them to go to the NCL's Fraud Center helped them make the decision to refund.

Excuse me those of you are critical of me. I guess I was wrong to think Afterdawn was a trusted website.

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

What i'll do is to teleport this thread into a forum that the Admins check regularly. In the meantime can you clarify whether the link(s) you are referring to are software links on Afterdawn itself or adverts on Afterdawn. Please let us know and the Admins can then investigate..

16. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Creaky, I typed dvd shrink into the search bar, and an advertisement above the results was a link for dvd shrink 2008 download. The website is given as 'Official DVD Shrink dot com'.

17. Ripper

Ripper Active member

As it's Google Ads, I do not think you can control what ads you display specifically as it's more content orientated towards your search; don't quote me though as I haven't used Google's Ad stuff in a while.

Anyway, I have to agree with the sentiment that we have stickies for a reason and doing your homework pays off. If you're new to something, don't have the knowledge base but you are willing to go out and spend money on it before doing said research then it's totally your fault if you are ripped off. Another example could be paying for software when there is a free alternative anyway.

Glad you got your money back, though - don't drop that threat of "NCL's Fraud Center" (whatever that is), pursue it and get them investigated.

18. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

tharts92 like the other posters has said you allways have to do your homework before you buy any software, and it was a good thing that you got your money back, if you were to go out and buy a new car you would do some looking arround right or do your homework right? that would apply to everything, i hope you have learned something with this! good luck, also next time ask some questions, someone will be glad to help!

19. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The big problem with Google AdSense (the system that provides most of our ads here) is that it is a double-edged sword:

-on one side, it is one of the very reasons why AfterDawn has managed to stay afloat for so many years, as the system provides -- most of the time -- good and targeted advertisements to our site that then help us to pay our bills, get more servers and pay our news writers.

-on other side, Google has probably 50,000+ companies advertising on their system and maybe 0.1% of those are scammers. And it is the 0.1% that can bring a very bad experience to innocent users. And the best way to tackle these guys is to raport every single incident to Google and let them know about the scam as they usually _do_ remove such ads eventually from their ad pool. We are pretty much powerless to control these issues, as we don't even get lists of what advertisers Google runs on our site.

20. ugc

ugc Regular member

That's strange. Scam sites usually don't refund money do they?

Are you sure it is a scam? I'm not going to buy it just to see, but has anyone else bought this that can comment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.