1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.2 Crashing on start

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Ballhog, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Ballhog

Ballhog Member

IDK if this is related but Task Manager does the same thing now as well.

ANyway, DVD Shrink worked fine on this computer and anything else i put it on, for years and years.
    Now all a sudden when i start DVD shrink it instantly crashes saying:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: DVD Shrink 3.2.exe
    Application Version: 3.2.0.15
    Application Timestamp: 4103f8b5
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_7b69
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Offset: 00ba4a18
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 00000008
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7b69
    Additional Information 2: 7b69f554e66c06a713a1c0783c205e2b
    Additional Information 3: 2b2f
    Additional Information 4: 2b2f4375b80fead797587cb44cf4a544

this is bullshit, the only thing i can remember doing is some windows updates but there were so many at once cuz i hate windows update and never do it, so idk which update would have cause it. Please help me i can provide anything as far as info that would be helpful@!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

if no system restore point exists before you updated ,create a backup image of c then go into remove programs & remove this update if it exists kb2823324, assuming it's there & you haven't updated since its release around the 12-Apr-2013 reboot then try again if no go then go back to windows update & download any updates left some of these will fix the balls up it created you will not be offered kb2823324

3. attar

attar Senior member

Select a system restore point that predates the problem.

Pipped at the post:scorpNZ is in league with the devil.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

In league the Devil! i take offence at that comment as he's my apprentice

5. Ballhog

Ballhog Member

I did this, and it didn't work. System restore is off. I usually have it turned off because I do not use it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling DVD Shrink, and also tried all the different compatibility modes and nothing has worked.

DVD Shrink has been working on here for months and all of a sudden now it crashes the second I try to open it, and it gives that error message. Task manager has been doing the same thing and I am assuming both problems probably occured from the same thing.

I need to get this fixed. I am going to try to use Nero to see if that will still transcode. But, I need to fix DVD Shrink, or is there any other comparable apps? What are the possible causes of this?

6. Ballhog

Ballhog Member

You know what, i think for some reason all 64bit apps are crashing~!

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

dvdshrink isn't 64bit ,nero 10 has nero recode which works fine however at this point it'd most probably be a waste of time as installing more software on an already buggy computer will only make it worse,if many apps are crashing there's only one thing i'd do & that's reformat start again as unsavory as it sounds,however i'd create system backup images along the way with the free version of easeus todo backup or whatever imager of choice,this will solve any future issues you may have when things turn to custard & unlike system no restore it will restore,tho it's best to keep a backup copy of the backup on a separate drive in case of corruption or hdd bad sectors,in other words two of everything on different drives,preferably external to re-image all you need do is make a bootable disc with the software that created the image

only other option as useless as it will be is a disk check,don't hold your breath actually scratch that,go grab seatools for windows use that to check the disc,do a short generic scan first then a long generic if there's bad sectors on the hdd this will show them,if both pass then hdd is ok in which case windblows may need reinstalling

8. attar

attar Senior member

9. Ballhog

Ballhog Member

10. attar

attar Senior member

Short of uninstalling the updates and adding them back one at a time, I don't know how it can be done.