1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK AND DVD PLAYERS

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Persy, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Persy

Persy Regular member

I use dvd shrink and dvd+r's. I have 3 dvd players, phillips, rca, and sony. my dvd+r's work perfectly in my phillips but in my rca and sony they don't work...they skip and bounce around while i'm watching......rca is a couple years old that's prolly why it prolly doesn't work...but my sony is pretty new.....um....what dvd players do dvd+r's work best in if i were to buy a new one?

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

I have 2 pioneer 414's .....getting on a bit but still as good as the day I imported em .....one has a chip mod .....1 has 1 with wires.....and 1 dvd wont touch anything to do with dvdshrink ......which I find very weird but the other plays everything ........chuckles damm funny things
    DaOsT

3. forkman

forkman Member

I have a Phillips player upstairs a Ronnin player downstairs and the kids use their ps2 all play Dvd backedups using Dvd Shrink.
    I use a Ricoh MP5240A Burner+R and have never had a problem.
    But you don't say what media you are using or what version of shrink.

4. daya

daya Member

dvd-r's are the best to use`~ ps2's only read dvd-r's and most dvd players only read dvd-r and not dvd+r - is the most supported is all i use`^ and work in every player i have and everyone elses i`ve done for^^

5. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

only dvd players I ad bad experience with are toshiba dvd's that player wouldn't recognize any +/- r dvd

6. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i use shrink and +rs all the time- and all the guys in my dorm play em fine like origionals with no problem and that includes like 3 ps2s and xbox's

BUT my friend back home has a new toshiba and ANYTHING wether it be +/- R or RW - even VCD and SVCD wont play in it- it only plays factory dvds. WTF is up with that?