1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink and DVD Region Free error, need urgent help

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by hallows1, May 23, 2007.

1. hallows1

hallows1 Member

I am trying to backup a dvd using dvd shrink, however my dvd drive has only got one region change left availble, I have started to use dvd region free to try to allow me to copy dvds that are from a different region. can someone please help me, its urgent

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What's the make and model of the drive? There maybe some patched firmware to make the drive region free.

But dvd region when running makes the drive region free too so you don't have to worry about running out of changes. AnyDVD - a great copy protection remover - is also a program that when running makes the drive region free. Neither are free but have a trial.

3. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

I agree with bikie7 that anydvd is great software, frankly i cant see anyone who burns dvds not using it, BUT if you need a freeware solution for dvd regions there are a number of options.
    most popular is dvd43, dvd43 is a lot like anydvd but less powerfull (it doesnt handle sony's accross for instance) and it's freeware :)

check out this link it has a list of region free tools (some freeware some shareware, it will list which in the third coloumn)
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/region-free-tools