1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink backup target

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bobgoulet, Apr 17, 2005.

1. bobgoulet

bobgoulet Guest

Ive successfully copied several dvd's usings dvd shrink 3.2 directly without the help of nero, my program used to let me select my sony external burning drive as my backup target(much easier, 1 step process) now the only option it gives me is: hard disk folder or iso image. neither of which seams to work with nero, i was wondering if there is something i can do to be able to get the old option back. or if possably there was some default i may have reset???

2. jsjpov

jsjpov Member

I don't know what's happened there, but I've always found that backing up to an .iso file with DVD Shrink to be the best by far! I tend to stay away from Nero as much as possible and have always burnt the .iso's with DVD Decrypter. Also, once the burning is complete, I always back up the .iso onto a DVD to save HD space and to keep for future reference... Just in case.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@bobgoulet

I do not know how you managed to do this because DVD Shrink does not/is not a burning engine. You have to use DVD Decrypter or Nero or some other program to burn. DVD encodes and places on an iso image on your hardrive that is burned by another program.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  4. jsjpov

jsjpov Member

Perhaps you should read my post again...

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Re-check your settings in dvd shrink: Edit/Preferences/File I/O:
    Make sure enable burn with nero is ticked,if indeed you have nero on your harddrive.

That's the way I burn, Dvd shrink for 90% of my movies and enable burn with nero automatically using 2 drives.

6. bobgoulet

bobgoulet Guest

thanx guys, i dont know what i was doing before but it works very well using the decrypter as it now pops up as one of my targets.

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Great to see you got dvd decrypter to burn for you. I keep both decrypter and nero on my pc. It's always nice have a couple of different ripping and burning programs.