1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink - computer freezes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by how4546, Dec 29, 2004.

1. how4546

how4546 Guest

I have a AMD 3200 processor computer with 1 mb memory, DVD plus DVD writer 8X. Very new computer running SP professional SP2. Here is what happens, every time.

1, Loaded movie in DVD player drive
    2. Open DVD Descypter software and descyted to folder on hard drive.
    3. open DVD shrink 3.2 software
    4. open file - located above created folder
    5. backup button - full disk 51% compression
    6. encoding starts but computer freezes between 30%-45%

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

What dvd are you trying to shrink? Have your other dvds done the same thing?

3. how4546

how4546 Guest

Thanks for responding. It happens on all DVDs that I try to copy. Freezes everytime except sometimes it gets further along. I did one today that got to 71% before freezing.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Are you shrinking the whole dvd or just main movie only?

1 mb of ram is not enough,lol - You probably meant 1 gig.

Here is several possibilities:

Open up dvd shrink,edit,preferences,check target size. This should be in dv-5,set it to custom,4300 mbs,ok.That is if you are not using dual layer media.

Try dvd shrink first,and have dvd decrypter set as your burn engine-write. Do reauthor,main movie only to start with.Make sure it is set on auto compress.

could be heat issue. Dvd shrink will heat up your tower because it is using 100% of your processor.Check your fans and blowers for dust build up. You might want to leave the cover off and place a room fan pointed down on it.

There could be many more things wrong with it like registry errors and software conflicts.

Try main movie only,no enhancements and see what it does.

Good Luck

5. how4546

how4546 Guest

Yep, 1 gigabyte. I thought I had only 1 mb memory. Thanks for your help, I think you solved my memory problem. LOL

6. how4546

how4546 Guest

Thanks for the suggestions. Don't think it is a heat issue but I will try it without the cover. Pretty cold where the computer is located and it is only one month old. Don't have any other DVD software loaded except Nero and Windows Media. I will try another movie going with DVD shrink first and then DVD Decrypter. I will try to set to 4300 mbs. As far as registry errors I wouldnt know how to locate them.