1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink cyclic redundancy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ash514, Dec 30, 2004.

1. ash514

ash514 Guest

i was using dvd shrink and trying to copy a dvd. it would stop when it was analyzing and the error cyclic redundancy message would appear. i defragmented the hard drive and then it worked fine. then i tried to do another dvd. the error message appeared again. i tried defragmenting the hard drive again, but this time it did not work. i took the same disc i was trying to copy to my uncle's computer and it copied fine. i cannot analyze or encode anything now without the cyclic redundancy error. i just bought a new lite-on 16x dual layer drive and made about 15 copies with it before the cyclic redundancy error started. the media i was trying to copy from was a 4x verbatim dvd+r that i made using dvd shrink. PLZ HELP!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

That error in Shrink is usually caused by a dirty or damaged original. It could also be caused by corrupt data on the original. The fact that you are trying to copy a copy leans towards the second reason listed. Cheap-poor quality media will cause this also. Since every burner drive is slightly different one may read the disc and another won't. When making a copy of a copy you don't need to go through Shrink again. Just use any disc copy program like in Nero or RecordNow Max. Just click copy complete disc and follow the directions.

Jerry

3. ash514

ash514 Guest

i made a copy of the copy using nero. thanx. but i still can't use dvd shrink to back-up an original dvd. the cyclic redundancy error still pops up. the original is not scratched or dirty. any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2004
  4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Try ripping the DVD to your hard drive with decrypter(free) in file mode. Then open shrink and instead of open disc, use open files and browse to your just ripped DVD from decrypter. If the disc is clean and no scratches it's possible it's a hard copy read error and this will get around it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004