1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by carraig, Sep 27, 2004.

1. carraig

carraig Member

Okay, I'm new to the forum and I was so appreciative of Scuba's tutorial on the DVD Shrink and Decryptor duo. I was using them successfully all night last night until...

I put in the movie like any other(The Punisher), and it started to read it, and finished about 100mb worth and then pops up the message:

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Programming error -- exception occured
    The handle is invalid

And it gives me this message every time I try now. I tried deleting the small file it had made, and I tried rebooting my system to no avail.

Thanks,
    Carraig

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hi carraig,

Are you ripping with Shrink? Try using Decrypter...it can usually rip stuff that Shrink can't.

Adder.

3. carraig

carraig Member

How do you use decryptor so that the menus and everything stays in place? When I try to rip with decryptor, it wants a specific file.

Thanks,
    Carraig

4. alfapaul

alfapaul Member

Decryptor won't do anything with menus or the content of the DVD. All it will do is decrypt the DVD and produce an ISO image of it. Then you can open this ISO in DVD shrink and work with it as you would do normally. Here's a brief guide:

1.) Put DVD in, open DVD decryptor, choose MODE -> ISO -> READ from the menu

2.) Choose the source as the drive with your DVD in

3.) In the destination section, use the folder icon to choose where you want to save the ISO file

4.) Press big fat button at bottom.

5.) Wait until complete

6.) Open DVD Shrink, then select FILE -> OPEN DISC IMAGE. Select the ISO you have just created and continue as you normally would using Shrink.

Hope this helps
    Paul

5. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Thanks alfapaul, thats exactly what I was going to say!
    Adder.

6. weston325

weston325 Member

I ran into the same problem when I was backing up this DVD. You can re-author the dvd and take out all the menus and extras and just burn the main movie file. It should work fine that way as well.

7. oxygen

oxygen Guest

Hi Carraig,

Suggest, go to DVD Digest web they have a fantstic manual/guide for the software (shrink and other);
    This forum actually has a link to that web.
    I had that problem with shrink several months ago , then I just followed the guide and all is fine, inmy case the error was with settings, don't remember which one.
    The guides will also lead you step by step how to work with decrypter and shrink together or with other software i.e Nero.

Good Luck

8. alfapaul

alfapaul Member

No problem adder :)