1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ninian44, Dec 12, 2004.

1. ninian44

ninian44 Member

This is my third attempt to burn a dvd (thanks to you guys in this forum)and my first problem has arrived.

I'm using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and when I click on "Open Disc" I get an error message which tells me there is an Invalid Navigation Structure and also Overlapped I/O operation in progress.

I think this might be down to the DVD I'm trying to rip as someone has put a label on it. Therefore when I click on Open Disc, it shows D:/[014423_2013]rather than the name of the film (Elf)

I have tryed everything I know (which isn't much) to rename it but it won't let me.

Can anyone suggest what to do (in simple terms please as I really am a numpty)

Thanks

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

You can not rename the disc. First you said you could not open the disc, then it shows D:/[014423_2013]rather than the name of the film (Elf). The disc may not always have the name of the movie. Click on ok and see what happens.

3. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

This is caused when it reads the IFO file saying that files x, xx, xxx etc are there, but when it goes to read it, it cant find file xxx so it gives you that error.

Basically the label is the problem. Try get the original disc from this person or you can attempt to take the label off, but it still might not play afterwards.

CJC

4. ninian44

ninian44 Member

Thanks guys

rroettger - When I click on Open Disc, a window appears which is asking me if I want to open D:/[014423_2013]. That I believe is the label on the dvd I'm trying to rip. When I click OK, that's when I get the message Invalid Navigation Process etc.

CJC - How can I take the label off?

I have already played the dvd and it works fine. I reckon if I can get the label off, I'll be able to burn a copy. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ninian44

5. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

Trying to remove the label can destroy the CD/DVD, i havnt had the need to remove labels, but i have heard people of using some cold-to-warm water and putting the CD under the water and trying to remove the label gently, then carefully dry the water off the CD.

But removing the label doesnt necessarly mean that the DVD will work again.

CJC

6. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Have you tried DVD Decrypter

7. ninian44

ninian44 Member

Thanks again

I think you have misunderstood what I mean by "label". I'm talking about the NAME of the DVD - not the sticky label attached to the DVD itself. Can anyone help me with that as that's what is stopping me ripping the dvd?

Tes...I'm using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink

Thanks

8. CJC

CJC Regular member

The way you were talking sounded like somebody had put a sticky label on it.

It could be the Media that is the problem or the way the DVD was burned initally.

CJC

9. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

It all else fails, rent the movie and replace your bad copy with the new copy.

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

In what way are using Decrypter?

Try opening Decrypter and Ripping the DVD to your HD in File mode.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105

11. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Is Auto Play set to "Take no Action". Have you installed any new software.
    I agree with bbmayo, try ripping with DVD Decrypter. Next you might try some different settings on DVD Decrypter.

If this disc is a backup of the orginal that my be the trouble. If it is the orginal, it just a bad copy.
    Have you played it on your PC?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  12. ninian44

ninian44 Member

rroettger...

I'm one happy guy. Came back from working awa y the last 2 days to find your reply. Followed the settings you described and used DVD Decryptor ONLY to rip film to my HD and then to a DVD and .........IT WORKED !!!!!!

I can't thank you enough and all the others who posted suggestions for help.

Thanks very much !!!!

Ninina44

13. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Thank ScubaPete. Many of us do.