1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink freeze my pc need help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jleand, Nov 14, 2004.

1. jleand

jleand Member

Hi guys I need help ,I have 2 quest.
    1) after i start dvd shrink analalysis 45% my pc get freeze , some one can help me??
    2) also I need help step by step to backup 6g. movies to a regular -R 4.5g I installed dvd shrink , dvd decrypter , nero6.
    Thanks a lot !!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Howdy leand, welcome to aD,

First, When your PC encodes and burns it requires 100%of your processor's power (resources) and when it does that it also generates a ton "O" heat. Assuming your cooling system is working OK and it's not over-heating - the only thing left that could cause "freezing" are your resources being overloaded -

For starters, go to Start, Run then type into the blank space, "msconfig". Now if you have XP as your OS go to your Startup tab and select Disable all, select Apply, OK, then OK again to reboot. If you're running some other OS let Explorer alone as well as Systray and My Computer and "un-tick" all the other programs so that nothing starts when your PC boots up then click Apply, OK then OK again to reboot.

Have you tried at all to find a guide for DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter ? There are probably 20, 30 or more through out the forum and some more in our guide section -

I know you'd want to find it yourself sooo rather than give it to you, I'll try to help you around our rather confusing "Search" feature.

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a Search function. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question - Here, I'll show you how to use it -
    Now the following is a little confusing so stick with me ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each page that is empty and has the word "Search" printed by it. By typing in a request, in your case, "DVD Shrink guide" - It should give you some associated material found throughout the forums. Pple who are asking the same questions and the answers to those questions. Some stuff you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies You with me up till now ? Good ! Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want then, in some very small print, under the heading "FORUMS", then under that "FORUM SEARCH", you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search". Heh, heh, Ya still with me ? Yea, I know it's messed up - Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, "DVD Shrink Guide". I'm sorry it's so "round about" but we do have a lot of information for you :)

Browse on through that and iffin ya get stuck using a guide just stop on back and we'll try to help you over whatever "bump" in the road you're having trouble with we'll try to help you get over it -

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004