1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Freezing while trying to rip DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by amdocog, Dec 9, 2004.

1. amdocog

amdocog Member

Hello, I am running Windows XP SP1. I have DVD Shrink 3.1, the patin couffin engine, and dvd 4.3 installed on my computer. Lately every time I try transferring a DVD to my computer, DVD Shrink just freezes up. The only way I can get it to unfreeze it to eject the DVD. Then the program releases and I have to start all over again. DVD Shrink used to work fine. Is there a windows update for XP (besides SP@ which is not installed) that would interfere with this process? Thanks much!!

2. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

I have every update for sp1 installed and don't have any problems. I use the latest versions of shrink and decrypter. I don't have sp2 installed.

3. amdocog

amdocog Member

What do you think the problem could be? I've tried using the newer version of Shrink however it does the same thing. Would you suggest cleaning the dvd-rom eye? What else?

4. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

5. amdocog

amdocog Member

Thanks for the link! I haven't had as many problems since I shut down all other running programs (firewall, antivirus, and such). If problem continues with all the other stuff shut down I will look into my CPU Fan. Thanks again!