1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink NOT RESPONDING

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DennisLee, Jan 1, 2005.

1. DennisLee

DennisLee Member

I just used dvd shrink yesterday and it worked fine, today it says not responding, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled and it still says not responding when I try to open a disk.Is this a new year jinx on me?

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

It does that to me all the time, and always has, but only becuase I push the open disc button 2 times because it seems like the first time I clicked it, that it didnt work. So If I just click it once and be patient it will work. Maybe thats your problem.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Your specs are around the bare minimum for backing up movies. Are you multitasking at all? You could also try defragging your HD.

4. balpen1

balpen1 Guest

I had the same thing happening too me. When you insert the disk let in first play in a player, this way you unlock some things ( don't aske me exactle what). and make sure yoy analyse the DVD. Incase of a freeze. Analyse again. The second time takes a lot longer than the first time. This way alway's worked for me.

Good luck

5. flyguy7

flyguy7 Member

it may be the dvd media you are using. I had the same problem i changed brands and the problems stop.