1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djlen, Feb 19, 2005.

1. djlen

djlen Regular member

I have been backing up the movies by just moving the main title onto the 'select' side of the application.
    There are a few movies that I'd like to burn with the English subtitles as well. Just the main movie with subtitles.
    Do I need to include all the menus, some of the menus or exactly what? So far the only success I've had in this area was to include a bunch of stuff I really didn't need to assure access to them. It's confusing trying to figure out what controls what.

Len

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

After you move your main movie to the select side just hit the compression tab on the right and select the subtitles you want under "Subpicture"... :)

3. djlen

djlen Regular member

I have attempted to reply a few times. I guess the site has slowed down a bit.
    If I do what you suggest without including menus, how do I access the subtitles? Or does the movie just come on with subtitles all the time?

Len

4. djlen

djlen Regular member

bb?
    Or anyone who can shed some additional light here.

Len

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sorry its like you said though AD is having server problems. If you put them on like I said you just simply use the remote for your DVD player to change between subtitles (they all have that feature)

:)

6. djlen

djlen Regular member

'After you move your main movie to the select side just hit the compression tab on the right and select the subtitles you want under "Subpicture"... :-'

I have done this but when I play the movie it starts right at the beginning, without any access to turning the subs. on or off.
    That's why I thought I might have to include part of the menu in the burn, that would show up before the movie starts to give me the option.

Len

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Your DVD player dosent have a Subtitle or Subpicture button on the remote? I have 5 different brands of DVD players and all of them have that option. It could also work threw the menu button. I have never seen a DVD player that dosent let you change it. What is the brand and model of your DVD player?

8. djlen

djlen Regular member

Yes, it has a menu button, but unless the file is written with menus on it, there is nothing to access.
    Right?
    I can put an original in and access all the features there to use, but when using Shrink, I move the 'main title' only to the left window and burn the movie like that there is no menu on the movie I've burned to access.
    I have not tried to just burn a whole movie with every thing included to see what the quality is like with more compression. Maybe I'll try that.
    Or just keep fiddling with different options until I find a way to take the right menu part(s) and the right extras to have access.

Len

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I just find it hard to believe that your DVD remote doesnt switch subtitles.?? Again what brand and model of DVD player do you have?

10. djlen

djlen Regular member

Never mind bb.
    I figured out how to bring them up on my player.
    I was thinking in order to get subtitles you had to have the menu that comes up at the beginning of the movie.
    Didn't realize that I could easily access them with my remote.
    Hey, you deal with newbies.....this is the kind of wacko stuff we come up with.
    I have, at this time, no new questions...........for now!!!
    I'll be looking for you when my next brain lock sets in.
    Seriously, thanks for your help and patience(although it sounds like it was running out). :) I appreciate it.

Len

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Who me?? My patience never runs out. I have plenty I am glad you got -R- Done ! :)
    Don't ever be afraid to ask a question I always help to the best of my ability.. Well most of the time if I haven't lost my patience... LOL