1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink updates?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jermda1va, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jermda1va

jermda1va Member

Anydvd tells me when there is a new update to download. How do we know when dvdshrink has one? Or must i go to the website and check it out.

I have dvd shrink 3.2

is there newer?

Thanks in advance

2. jeffo1

jeffo1 Member

there wont be, dvd shrink is no longer being updated, as it is shutdown.

3. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Try using ripit4me it works wonders. It will do things that Any and Shrink can not do on it's own. Ripit uses shrink and dvddecrypter. It is my fave.

Try it here, http://www.ripit4me.org read the guide. It seems a little complex but it is only one click (using one click mode) then it lands you in Shrink and everything works the same from there as AnyDVD with Shrink.

4. jermda1va

jermda1va Member

thank you for that information kitty. I am going to try it now. That makes sense why the newer dvds dont work because shrink isnt updating

thanks again for the info.
    Jerm

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Ah yes, you will have to turn AnyDVD off to run ripit. They are not very good friends...lol...but it works great. I have used ripit on all the movies AnyDVD and Shrink have not been able to do. Come to the fact of it AnyDVD and Shrink are not very good friends right now either! Hopefully that will change soon and AnyDVD will be back to playing nice with Shrink with SlySoft's next update.

6. fone2006

fone2006 Member

7. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

i use dvdfab to backup my movie (the covenant) and use dvd shrink to burn but it's error that dvdshrink could not find VIDEO_TS.IFO, i could not burn it at all ,,i don't know what i have done wrong with dvd fab ( i have free version,,i could not do any setting about it),,then i use clonedvd 4 it's done a good job however it's took around 1+ hour to compress files from dvd9 to dvd5...

8. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

DVD Shrink still works like a charm it does not get updated but still works on all backups if you update programs around it mostly like AnyDVD or use the New DVDFab Decrypter and if you get that you have to turn of AnyDVD.

9. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

i concur,ANYDVD & CLONE have been problematic lately... however...in their defence(ANYDVD and CLONE)i think that SONY/ArCoos/RipGuard, ect... have focused their copy protection on Slysoft and Elby. if they would happen to fold, we're all screwed.
    it won't take long before the companies that produce free-ware will run out of money, trying to defend against their lawsuites.
    i hope i'm wrong:(