1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink vs clonedvd2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MetalWise, Apr 16, 2005.

1. MetalWise

MetalWise Member

i started to believe that, when i wanted to copy a judas priest dvd i recently bought. dvd shrink couldn't manage to compress the whole dvd enough in order to copy it in a dvd5 (the size bar had a red part, even if the compression was maximum). then, i tried to copy it with clonedvd, which copied the dvd and fit it in a dvd5.

some friends of mine, brought me their dvds to see if that problem was due to that particular dvd. it came up that it was not. other dvds couldn't be copied to a single dvd5 with dvdshrink, but with clonedvd everything was fine.

so i think that i will stick to clonedvd from now on.

2. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

clonedvd will compress more than shrink. nero will also compress more than shrink but i use shrink unless i have to compress more then i use nero.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

4. oweowe

oweowe Member

Intervideo DVD Copy 3 is good. But it cannot work with AnyDVD (5.1.1.1)to copy "House of Flying Daggers" in full disk mode. It can only get "Black Screen" in the main movie.

AnyDVD and Nero Recode work fine.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Rip it first with dvd decrypter and anydvd running in the background.

6. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

The best combo by far is DVDFab Platinum in express mode with using DVDIdle Pro for decrypting. You can try the fully functioning trial versions. www.dvdidle.com I used every known peice of software out there with Nero Ultra Edition sitting on my hard drive never to be used again for DVD's due to inconsistencies within the product (too many patches). Using DVD Shrink did ok but it was slow. Using DVD Decrypter was great if you wanted to wait 25 minutes in file mode. Using Nero Recode was a step up but again ripping then transcoding was a lenghty process. Switching to DVDFab Express with DVDIdle Pro running I can do an entire Transcode and Burn in about 25 or less minutes (depending on media write speed). Using 16x media I can have a copy in roughly 18 minutes for most two hour movies. There is no comparison to picture quality either, DVD Fab gives you the best PERIOD.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

If it's the best you're looking for then RB/CCE is it.

8. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

It may give you what you need but as with everything else on the market, it is a matter of preference. I have used them all and from experience DVDFab gave me what I needed in the shortest time without sacrificing quality. CCE is ok but has quite a bit of shortcomings and is rather buggy.

9. h-k

h-k Guest

I second that. It's not fast but gives the best quality even
    with very high compression. Just my opinion. :)