1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink vs dvdxcopy platinum

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by MaDRuKuS, Mar 12, 2004.

1. MaDRuKuS

MaDRuKuS Member

alright everyone, ive got some choices on my plate here. im looking for quality first and foremost..
    anyone have any opinions or problems with the above mentioned? i just need a way to backup dvds with the best quality possible...
    any input would be appreciated...thanks!

2. ellizit

ellizit Guest

I own both xcopy platinum and dvd shrink. both seem to work very well for me....with one being much cheaper!

3. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

Platinun is a Joke It works but not as it should
    Trust Me I was one of the Beta Testers for 321
    Shrink Is Great and is More like what Platinum should have been and the Best part is its FREE
    Another Good Combo is Any DVD and Elbys Clone DVD
    Clone DVD 2 looks to be even Better than the Original
    I like the Video Quality with Clone the best for DVD9s for DVD5s Any DVD and Nero using the Copy Disc feature
    Enjoy

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    AMD 2500+ OC to 2800+
    Seagate 80 GB HD
    ATI 9500 PRO
    Lite On XJ-HD166 Black
    Sony DRU 500A 2F
    XP Home SP1
    1GB PC2100 DDR[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2004
  4. Yordan

Yordan Guest

I too, own both Platinum and DVDShrink, and in my oppinion Shrink is way better in terms of functionality
    I can not tell the difference in quality of the back ups that both programs create but if I had to choose I`d go for Shrink...

5. ogryzek

ogryzek Member

Same as above...

Have both. Like DVDXC and never had any problems with it. But since the judgement removed the ripper portion, there is little reason to buy a new copy.

Have used AutoShrinkISO + DVD Decrypter + DVD Shrink + CopyToDVD and it all integrates nicely into XCopy-like package (you can drop CopyToDVD and burn with DVD Decrypter).

With functionality and quality being roughly the same, at this point it all comes down to price ~ and it's hard to beat 'free'.

6. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Sorry to say this but
    I work for 321, get the software for free, and never use it.
    I rip with dvd decrypter and burn with DVD shrink.
    Less complicated.
    Oh, Im sorry, I do use the DVDXCOPY Platinum/ RF version only. I always rip with DVD Decrypter.
    But to 321 studios credit, Platinum works perfectly for me, I just dont appreciate the disclaimers, so I dont use there Ripper versions. No disclaimers with the RF versions.

7. chris710

chris710 Member

I have tried all of the burners copiers and found that DVD Shrink and Super DVD Creator working together give 100% compared to Dvd Shrink and Nero 6.

The latter make s loads of coasters as with DVD XCOPY Platinum. I did have high hopes for this program because of the speed but it creates so many errors that the DVD player stops freezes etc or dont paly at all even on the computer.

Dvd Shrink and Super Dvd Creator are excellent and both can be downloaded free from the net.

Anyone who has paid 321 for software have wasted there money.

8. dp70

dp70 Member

I build and troubleshoot networks and computers. 321 software fails to disclose their many faults in coding with their long list of : "does not work with..."
    DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are superior to 321 in any and all ways. 321 technical support is a *ing FARCE, a waste of time and long distance charges.
    my toy: AMD 3000 64 bit w/ 1.5 gb ram
    Let me hear from any of you out there who knows what DP70 means.

9. arodis

arodis Member

I own both dvdx copy platinum and clonedvd and i think the dvdx copy is a waste of time,i burned like 4 dvd using xcopy and they are all bad and then i tried clonedvd and not even one coaster. so , stick with clonedvd, anydvd, descripter and dvdshirnk

10. UKbulldog

UKbulldog Guest

DVDShrink is the best all-round program. Free, easy to use, plenty of support.

There is plenty of other good, free software like DVDDecrypter, DVDFab, etc.

You really don't need to spend big buck on this software

11. cowfuton

cowfuton Member

[Sorry to say this but
    I work for 321, get the software for free, and never use it.
    I rip with DVD Decrypter and burn with DVD Shrink.
    Less complicated.
    Oh, Im sorry, I do use the DVDXCOPY Platinum/ RF version only. I always rip with DVD Decrypter.
    But to 321 studios credit, Platinum works perfectly for me, I just dont appreciate the disclaimers, so I dont use there Ripper versions. No disclaimers with the RF versions. ]

I decrypted a new DVD with DVD Decrypter and tried using the DVDXCOPY RF Platinum to burn to DVD.
    It gives me errors saying that its still encrypted with CSS. Can you give me some pointer on how you decrypted the DVD with DVD Decrypter so I can burn with the RF version of the DVDXCOPY.
    Thanks in advance..

CF

12. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Create a :video_ts" folder. This is the location to save the movie.
    Now just be sure that When using dcrypter you rip using the ISO R and be certain the movie is saved in the "video_ts" folder.
    Once ripping is completed, Open RF and browse to the video_ts folder, select it and burn baby burn.

13. cowfuton

cowfuton Member

U da bomb!!!
    Thanks

CF

14. UKbulldog

UKbulldog Guest

dp70 - does it mean you've been D.P'd by 70 guys?

15. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

I have to lol at all you people having problems with platinum. I have had it for 2 months now I have made 30 + copys and all of them have come out great with no coasters. I have tryed dvd shrink because all the good things said about it and it made me glad I have the dvdXcopy platinum. I don't know why everyone has so many problems with it. I would not trade my platinum for any other dvd ripper software in the world. 321 get s 5 ***** from me. Thank You 321 Your # 1 fan

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  16. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

I live in Canada, and can buy any version of Xcopy, none having RF on the box. However, I am confused as to what is the lastest and most up to date Platinum. The one I purchased, and have not opened yet, has the UPC 51219200000, and has winner of PC Magazine
    "Best of 2003" Award on the box. I do not want have to update with patches and lose the ripper.
    Do I have the correct version? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

17. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Cant really answer your questio without the version number of your product. Anyhow, 4.0.3.8 was the last version before the ripper was removed. Any version before or up to that one is cool.

18. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

I've actually seen two versions, one with Monster's Inc. on the back, and the one I purchased which has Finding Nemo, and it says Copyright 2004, 321 Studios. I would assume this is the last one with the ripper.

I got the oem version of xpress with my burner, which is great but I wanted something a little more in depth, hence Platinum.

It seems that Canada has different copyright laws, I am not sure how they relate to dvds but we have the right to backup cds and software that we own. Why doesn't 321 just pack up and move to Canada??? Problem solved!!!

19. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

That very well may be what they are doing, the President of 321studios anyway. I hear he purchased a beautiful home in your lovely country.

20. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

LOL, any chance it's beautiful British Columbia?