1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink w/ Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Freedom22, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Freedom22

Freedom22 Member

I apologize in advance, I'm sure this topic has been covered. But, I did a fast search. I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am using Shrink with Nero 6.

I followed these steps EXACTLY, http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/dvdshrink.html

this guide, and right now it is in the process of encoding. My question is, after if finishes burning to a DVD+R, will I be able to view it on a normal DVD player hooked up to my TV?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Will that backup play in your standalone player? Chances it is probable.What media and format are you burning?How fast are you burning?The different programs used for ripping and burning usually have no effect on backups. The media you are using is the #1 cause of stand alone playability. Poor media will pixellate,freeze,skip,jump,no disc inserted error, and many many more problems. Using a High Quality media usually takes care of these issues.The standalones magnify these defects. Sometimes a slower burn speed. Just a little info, I help quite a few people on these issues.The same goes for pc and home recording dvd burning.The + format seems to have a lot better quality media available by what I am hearing about here at AD>Now if you are doing +rw's, they seem to have a lot more trouble. Hope this answers your ??????

3. Freedom22

Freedom22 Member

I followed that link above exactly. I was using Memorex DVD+R The one in the purple wrapper. UPC: 0 34707 05606 0

Burned at 8x.

I just watched the movie, it turned out perfect. - Yay for this noobie.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

congratulations on your successful, beware of memorex media.That is one brand name that most of us here at AD stay away from.They had their hay-day with vhs,but dvd is so much more complicated.Some is ok,about 10%,the rest,mostly junk.At the first sign of any problems,ditch that memorex.Low quality Media is the #1 problem. Happy burning and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!