1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Shrink Will Not Work With Raid 0

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tonedawg7, Jan 23, 2005.

1. tonedawg7

tonedawg7 Member

Please Help!!!! I just installed raid 0 on my pc. I have windows xp pro sp1 amd 3200+ with a asus k8v se deluxe mother board. I had a 160g hard drive and shrink worked fine. i just installed two 160g hard drives with raid 0 and everything works except dvd shrink 3.2. when i try to use it during analysis or encoding the system reboots half way through the process.... I love the raid and want to keep it, but i need to use the program. any help would be 1337

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Is this happening with all movies or just some? Have you tried using a trial version of another software to see if it would work. DVD Decrypter is a freeware ripper. Use it to rip your files to the HD (file mode). Then download DVDCopy3 and use the trial to encode and burn the HD files you ripped with Decrypter. That'll tell you if it's just Shrink or not.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

have you made sure your not overheating?? video editing/compressing puts a fair amount of load on a system.

5. tonedawg7

tonedawg7 Member

it happens with every dvd i have tried about 12. when i started using decrypter it froze my pc in less than 10 seconds. any help would be appreciated. the case on my pc has three fans, on on top, on the side, and one in back. my cpu is always at 71 degrees. i don't want to lose the raid.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Did you try the other program to see if it is a problem with the Shrink or a system problem? Others are using RAID 0 and it's a factory option on some PCs, so I doubt it is an inherent RAID 0 problem.

7. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

is your raid driver up to date?? not fragmented??
    i hope thats 71F and not celsius or youv got big problems