1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink with DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oasis13, May 1, 2005.

1. oasis13

oasis13 Member

I am new to backing up dvds and have backed up my first dvds successfully. I have just been using dvd decrypter because the dvds didnt need shrinking. I then burnt them using nero.

Lots of people talk about using decrypter and shrink, so i presume you decrypt it and copy it to the harddrive and the shrink it. However, cant you do that all in dvd shrink? Id like this clearing up, and help is appreciated. Also, does dvd shrink just lower the bitrate? When the bitrate is lowered, how does it reduce quality? Does it make it more pixelly, more blurred e.t.c.?

Thanks in advance

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

al very good questions! yes dvd shrink can rip and compress and reauthor and burn (useing wither nero engine or dvd decrypter engine - set this in settings)

but dvd shrink hasnt beed updated in months now and wont be! but dvd decrypter has updates regularly!

also in saying this you can get anyDVD to run in background to help aid dvd shrink in ripping new copy protections out now!

yes you have to shrink films if over 4.36gig and today most films are! like 5/6/7/8/9gig and yes you do loose quality! for 5/6 dvd shrink can use DEEP ANALYSIS and another setting like sharp or smooth in settings! but it will take alot longer to encode the movie with these settings!

so with 7/8/9 gig people are useing DVD-Rebuilder / CCE cinema craft encoder which takes long time aswell but the 9 gig films come out alot better!

all these methods are time consuming so its a toss up on which you prefer? fast and not so good quality? or long time like 3/4 hours for top quailty?

hope this has helped?

3. hursty

hursty Active member

get yourself a copy of clonedvd2 and anydvd,and you'll be laughing

no messing about,just a couple of clicks with the mouse and 30/40 mins later the whole dvd is copied(on average pc specs)
    the quality is far superior to dvd shrink,
    you have to pay for it yes,but well worth it.cough cough....
    anydvd has regular updates and rip through the new encryptions like a hot knife through butter,
    it will even remove the unwanted adverts for you.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hey there hursty you on msn?

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

your right hursty dvdclone2 is wonderful,i just wish i bought it when i got anydvd and save the 19 bucks with the package deal

6. TheZodiac

TheZodiac Guest

Im trying to figure out what version of dvd shrink and dvd decrypter I need to get them to work together for backing up my dvd's. I used to have it but my comp. crashed and I dont know what versions I had. Right now I have DvD Shrink 3.1 but it saying to burn with nero but it says nothing about dvd decrypter. I hope you can help me. Thanks.

7. oasis13

oasis13 Member

thanks everyone :)

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

TheZodiac the newest verisons of dvd shrink is 3.2.0.15 and dvd decrypter is 3.5.4.0 update both the the newest verisons in the software section, and you should be good to go,

9. TheZodiac

TheZodiac Guest

I downloaded both the new versions but it still gives me the same options. The way it used to be it asked what i wanted to do did i want to put it on the hard drive or did i want to burn it with dvd decrypter when i clicked back up. I dont get dvd decrypter as an option in that menu anymore.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

as ROTARY said its that easy Zodiac ,just check dvd decrypter

12. hursty

hursty Active member

uninstall it and reinstall both programs,