1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sylvister, Aug 24, 2004.

1. sylvister

sylvister Member

how do u set the encoding speed on dvd shrink its taking about 1;20 minutes to encode 1 movie can anyone help. thanx..

2. topppps

topppps Member

after you click back up go to quality settings and uncheck "perform deep analysis..."

3. sylvister

sylvister Member

ty. 1 more question after your done encoding wat do u do??i have both nero and B gold both good for back ups i prefer the B gold alot friendier to use

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

If ya got Nero ... use it :)

Pete's Nero guide
    Do not use Nero Wizard.
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose DVD. Directly under that click on the DVD Video Icon. Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the DVD Video window. In the left screen, click VIDEO_TS. In the File Browser screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made earlier holding all of your files and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click “OK” and now shout out, “Burn Baby, BURN !” one more time, let me hear you say it, “Who’s your Daddy Now ???” Guess what my Friend ? You are done !!!

5. sylvister

sylvister Member

ty i will certainly try it.i alwasy uses dvdxcopy platinum in the pass. it werked gr8 but then soo many people told me about shring and nero i wanted to use it for my self. ty agian for all your help.

6. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

sylvister, unless you're not bothered about the quality of your backups, I'd suggest you [bold]do not[/bold] uncheck the "Deep Analysis" option when the required compression is above 20% (Ratio < 80%).

7. Psychtrip

Psychtrip Member

Open Shrink, select edit on top, select preferences, then select File I/O and place a check mark on the "Enable burning with Nero". That is the way I do it with no problems. Then when you back up, use the Nero option for target device.