1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ieesha, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Ieesha

Ieesha Member

I'm having a problem using Dvd Shrink with Newer Movies (ex: Troy, Little Black Book) Does anyone have a clue what this is? It won't finish analysing it, then it comes up with an error, I've read that cyclic redundancy error is usually a scratch or a bad disk, but how can this be on new movies? I've tried reading it with dvd decrypter but still errors come up, Can anyone help?

2. bjclaw

bjclaw Member

I have used DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink on Troy and some others with no problems at all !

3. J_man

J_man Regular member

Download the new version of DVD Decrypter

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure your using DVD Decrypter version 3.5.2.0

Or go to the link below and download AnyDVD version 4.5.5.1 and run this program in the background then open up DVDShrink as normal. Make sure a little red fox is on your task bar for it to be running.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

5. Ieesha

Ieesha Member

Thanks for your help larrylje! I'll give that a try!

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Ieesha
    With the AnyDVD, the information page tells you if there is unreadable sector encryption. RE2, LBB and some others have been causing problems due to this recently. larrylje suggestion to use the AnyDVD was a good one. Troy does not have this type encryption, I used AnyDVD for that one without a problem. With DVD Decrypter there is a warning toward the end of the rip "can not patch...", just click OK and let it finish. I've done this on a couple of DVDs and the ripped files worked the way they were supposed to.