1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Irene05, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Irene05

Irene05 Guest

dvd shrink is saying no disc. disc is in drive... both movies forgotten and friday night lights... Help

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Irene05,
    Use DVDDecrypter's newest version or AnyDVD's newest version to rip the movie first then use Shrink. You are getting the Arcos enncryption problem

3. Irene05

Irene05 Guest

Thanks.....I downloaded any dvd still nothing...It is not acknowledging disc in drive

4. karen2003

karen2003 Regular member

As Car.Mike suggested, use the newest version of Decrypter. I was able to do both those "problem" movies by ripping to my hard drive first with Decrypter, then encoding the files with DVD Shrink. I think one of them ("Friday Night Lights") might have had that annoying jumping man in the "unreferenced material," but if you change that to a still image, it will go through.

5. Irene05

Irene05 Guest

I got friday night lights to copy to hard drive ....Forgotten was a no go...... but when I tried to burn w/ shrink I got an error
    saying I need appropriate dvd burning software... I have nero 6.
    I tried to burn a previous encrypted movie.... burned no problem.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you trying to do the whole DVD or just the main movie of The Forgotten?

There is a little trick to the forgotten after you have ripped it with Decrypter to your Hard drive then open it up in Shrink using the Reauthor button, You will have to use the little "Set Start/ End Frames" button in the top right of the left window pane and set the start point of the movie to where miss liberty is holding her torch because they tried to get slick and put some bad frames in there at the start of that movie.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005