1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd skips

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dustinl15, Dec 9, 2004.

1. dustinl15

dustinl15 Member

I backed up one of my new dvd's with my new burner and i went to watch it to make sure it worked. i was watching it on my computer and it got to a certain point(a chapter change) and it would like freeze then skip a couple of minutes. do i just need to reburn it or will it work fine on a dvd player?
    i would try it on a dvd player but i dont have mine right now.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What type of media did you use?
    What speed did you burn at?

More than likely if it wont play in your DVD drive to good it isn't going to play in a stand alone DVD player either.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105

3. dustinl15

dustinl15 Member

Maxell DVD-R 8x burned at 8x

it's an external burner, which probably makes a difference

4. dustinl15

dustinl15 Member

to add to my message, the 2nd dvd i burned also did the same thing but was only 3 min. 25 sec. into the movie, no chapter change

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

BURN @ X4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry didnt mean to yell!! Just trying to get my point across LOL. Most players dont like x8 speed. Think about it people and this isn't only for you dustinl15 becasue more and more people are having this problem.
    x8 and higher speed's of media are fairly new. DVD Players were not designed with this speed in mind. The newer DVD players may be more well equiped for these speeds, but most arent up to par yet. Thats why most older DVD ROM's have to be ubdated with firmware so they can recognize newer media. This isnt possible with stand alone player's (that I am aware of) It shouldn't be that hard for them to do that though. Maybe download a file and burn it on a DVD to flash your player? who knows? Anyway most players just can't handle that speed slow it down a little and all will be fine.

by the way dustin you are using good media :)
    Sorry I got off track a little there also try updating your firmware for your Writer also

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  6. dustinl15

dustinl15 Member

ok thanks for the tips, ill give it a shot in the morning to tired to do it now.