1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Slide Shows with Nero 6 Reloaded

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by Ganpixie, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Ganpixie

Ganpixie Member

Purchased above program on recommendation of my son who uses it for his CamCorder editing etc. The Slide Show process is very good and excellent results have been shown in the "preview mode".
    However, when it comes to burning the DVD the whole thing goes pear-shaped - just goes back to desk-top. Discovered today there are "a few" updates available - all 82.5MB of them! Installed these but get the same crash except this time I don't get an error message!!!
    Contacted my son this evening and got him to load some "slides" to try it and when he came to the "burn" exactly the same thing happened.
    My DVD-RW is functioning fully in all other respects and have burned loads of back-up data. Have even tried four different brands/types of blank discs - all the same.
    This has to be a software issue but to date I have had no response from Nero after submitting two "tool.txt" files (one before and one after the up-dates).
    Anybody out there got any ideas about this?
    Have used Nero for years without any problems but this is the first time trying to do anything with DVD-Slide Shows.
    Any help would be appreciated. Don't want to just "bin it" as it obviously has loads of potential.

Living in hope,
    Ganpixie.

2. erickwan

erickwan Member

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  3. DigPhoGuy

DigPhoGuy Member

Hi. I recently had lots of problems with customer support at Nero, with the errors and all. It took me three weeks of investigation and reading at this site to find out what I was doing wrong. The update they made to NVE3 (NeroVisionExpress) has now been cleared up - apparantly. Either that or everything I did to my computer fixed the problem.

Anyway, I make slide shows for a living and now I'm checking out other software to act as a backup. Photodex.com has a wonderful product, easy to use, and has some really cool features if you're into making slide shows and saving them to DVD. ProShow Gold is reasonably priced ($69.95) and from what I've seen so far, is worth it. I'm going to use it instead of Nero.

Anyone have other ideas???

[bold]Dig[/bold]ital
    [bold]Pho[/bold]to
    [bold]Guy[/bold]