1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Software/Authoring Suggestions???

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by midnite31, Oct 14, 2004.

1. midnite31

midnite31 Member

Hello...

I have two questions...

One, I already used nerovision to export an MPEG2---and then I used nerovision to make chapters and menu objects----but it just HANGS at transcoding (its 3.7GB) .... so screw nero---i heard they have compatibilty with SP2 anyway...

any sugguestions for DVD software that lets me do all these things like nero --- I heard DVD Labs is good... what else is really good and easy to use...

thanks!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Thread moved.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I actually dumped my sp2. I have been trying to do a bunch of html stuff and the warnings were driving me nuts.

The great thing about NVE is the fact that it accepts so many different file formats. Lab is OK but it is not an editing program. If you just need to add menus and stuff it works pretty well although a magnitude greater in compexity when compared to programs like NVE. DVDL is picky about what goes in and even though it can demultiplex your mpegs or vobs, they had better be perfect to start with.

I would probably stick with Nero and try to work around the transcode issue. Just make sure something else is not causing problems, IE external hdd, low memory etc.

Ulead has a pretty good program I used for a while. I forget exactly what the name is but a Google for Ulead should take you there.

One thing I have found out is that video editing programs are generally designed around using a DV source from a camcorder rather than DVDs. Of course you can get them to work most of the time with enough effort.

Frank

4. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

Two programs that are easy to use & very user friendly are TMPGEnc DVD Author & WinDVD Creator.
    They are much less hassle than DVD-lab.

As Fasfrank mentioned, DVD-lab demuxes the audio & video. If the original mpeg2 isn't perfect, you get sync problems in the VIDEO_TS files. Very frustrating after hours of authoring. Even more so if you burn to disk before checking them on your PC.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  5. midnite31

midnite31 Member

Im soo happy!

I downloaded the update for NeroVision express and it worked! Miracle!

I really wanted to use Nero because I spent HOURS AND HOURS making chapters and transistions----I didnt want to start over again...

thanks everyone for suggestions..

I'm going to look into them and see what i like..

6. tas1948

tas1948 Member

You can also use Cyberlink power producer Gold
    version 2.0. It does everything you want without
    messing around with Nerovision.
    Also with Nerovision you may experience problems iuf your encoding is not LPCM, but AC3 dolby digital plugin