1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD stopped working after Nero error - hayelp!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by oxton48, Jan 18, 2005.

1. oxton48

oxton48 Member

Bought an Artec dual layer burner at the beginning of the year. Been working fine for reading DVD's, both data and video, and been OK for burning DVD's and CD's..although had some errors with DVD's this appears to have been down to a bad batch of media.

However, last night I got an error when burning a DVD with Nero (Reloaded...version before 6.6.06 which was released 17/01/05).

Now my DVD drive won't recognise anything at all. I can put discs in and it appears to be starting to read, but says "no disc" all the time, includng under DVD-Shrink etc.
    If I press the eject button on the unit it, eventually, ejects the disc but then immediately takes it back again.

I've looked through the threads on here and can see people have had similar problems...but can't find a resolution as yet. I've tried updating the ASPI driver to the latest adaptec one, checked cables and master/slave settings etc.

Any help and advice gratefully received.

2. paazel

paazel Member

i am having the exact same problem.

3. oxton48

oxton48 Member

I still have the receipt for my drive and it's only 3 weeks old, but can't beleive that it's died just like that.
    The fact that Nero gave an error while burning and it's not worked since might be a clue...but dunno what or how to check.
    I've looked at the drivers and they are all MS ones except for one from "Padus Inc" called pfc.sys, but can't find out much about it.

4. oxton48

oxton48 Member

NeroInfo reported I had acorrupt APSI installtion so used forceAspi to update it...still no luck with the drive.
    Will take it back tomorrow and get a new one...hope to fork that it works!

5. oxton48

oxton48 Member

Swapped my Artec for a NEC 3520a.
    Plugged it in, tried a burn and worked perfectly.
    Hadn't changed anything since taking the old drive out, so guess the old one was just a duff.