1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD stops burning using Nero.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gemini20, Jul 10, 2005.

1. gemini20

gemini20 Guest

This is a generic disc. TYG02 may represent Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x. TYG01 is Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 4x.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

oops double reply

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  3. creaky

ah, that could be a problem then. the media code in itself means squat, unfortunately. I started out in DVD burning thinking my TYG02's were pukka. In fact they were fakes by Bulkpaq - shameless and utter rubbish......

4. gemini20

gemini20 Guest

5. creaky

you'll need your fellow posters from the US to advise, i'm afraid, to help you with that. i (i'm in the UK) have only bought TY once and i won't buy them again, just can't afford to take the risk in case they are fake. With Verbatim i know (so far as they're not faked) categorically what i'm buying..

6. gemini20

gemini20 Guest

Thanks for your advice.

As a recap, burning DVD with my Sony DRU-500ULX(firmware2.1a) using Nero 6.6.0.14 would just stop. When this happens, we have go to the task manager to end it and the session is not even recorded in NeroHistory.log. There are times when it shows Power Calibration Error. We've tried Sony 8x DVD+R, RiData 8x DVD-R(2 successful burns but 3 coasters), Philips 8x DVD+R (1 successful burn and 1 coaster), and the most recent, generic 8x DVD-R with TYG02 MID (2 successful burns and 4 coasters). The generic DVD however contains defects despite the successful burn.

Is it possible that this burner is not compatible with 8x DVD-R, 8x DVD+R, or Nero? Or is the burner defective?

7. creaky

8. az69

az69 Member

Im getting the exact same problem with my Sony DRU-700A DL writer. The writing gets to about 59% then stops and I have to close the program via task manager (does not crash though). Similarly, no log was recorded for the session.

Burning works fine for CDs, but not for DVDs. Im using Verbatim 4x DVDs and burn at 4x. Nero Burning ROM SE v6.3.1.10.

Have not updated my firmware yet (next step), but will let you know if this helps.

9. creaky

@az69 - latest firmware for that drive is VY08 (same burner as me you see).

your Nero is way too old, update to 6.6.0.15..

ps logfile location is listed on first page of this thread near the top..

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  10. kengracia

kengracia Member

can any one tell me what is the latest firmware for Pioneer DVD 109a internal burner please

11. creaky

12. kengracia

kengracia Member

many thanks for the info

13. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Gemini20,

You say you are using an External USB Recorder?

There is a known issue with External USB Recorders when it comes to burning to DVD Media. If you do a search on 'SCSI IDE ERROR' you would find a very long thread on this issue, and though there is no way for me to be 100% sure, it seems to be an issue with the BridgeBoard in the external USB drive, and the drivers for the USB controller.

That thread will list many possible solutions, but none of them resolves the issue for everyone. Anything from disabling DVD High Compatibility in the NEro software for that recorder, to updating USB Drivers, and chaning the External Chassis.

One way to see if this is also your issue, is to see if you have any trouble burning to CDR or CD-RW media. If you only have trouble with DVD Media, then this is a good possibility that it's your issue as well.

One way to be 100% sure would be if you had a DeskTop computer, you could take the Recorder out of the External unit, if it does not void the warranty, and place as an Internal in your DeskTop computer. ANd if the issue goes away, then the Bridgeboard is your issue as well.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

14. gemini20

gemini20 Guest

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your message.

Nero may not be not compatible with Sony DRU-500A as noted by Dominic in the following link:

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=details.php3&Type=DVDMR&Brand=Sony&Model=DRU-500A

Following his comment, I use DVD Decrypter and get 20 out of 21 successful burn. I use Vertex 4x DVD-R. Its MID is Sony04D1.

To rule out media compatibility as the cause, I try burning Ritek 4x DVDRW with both Nero & DVD Decrypter with the same ISO source. I encounter freezing with Nero 1 out of 2 but not with Decrypter.

15. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Gemini20,

I have that model here in the lab, and I do not see any of these issues. I'll do more testing with DVD Decryptor to see if I can duplicate them. But I do not have it as an External, only as an Internal, and that could affect my test results.

Regards

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

16. az69

az69 Member

>> @az69 - latest firmware for that drive is VY08 (same burner as me you >>see).

>>your Nero is way too old, update to 6.6.0.15..

>>ps logfile location is listed on first page of this thread near the >>top..
    >>Creaky B

The firmware upgrade did not help, but the software upgrade seems to have done the trick. I did not realise my Nero version was so old. Seems the old rule hold true, update everything before asking any questions.
    Thanks for advice creaky.
    az

17. creaky

@az69 - YAY another happy customer!, happy burning..

tweak & burn