1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD stops playing half way through

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tuumor, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Tuumor

Tuumor Member

I have been using DVD Shrink to backup my DVD's. I have the latest software for it and after i copy a DVD and try to play it in my DVD player at my home... the DVD will play fine until about half way through and then it will just stop and freeze. And if you watch the time on the DVD player it starts increasing the time in huge increments, like 1:45:40 .... 1:59:40 .... 2:30:12 etc. But it never plays anything else. I tried just skipping that section, but it still wont play anything beyond that point. Please help me, i am about at the end of my wits. Also, is this the best Burning software i can have? and if not, where can i get a free copy of what is?

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hi Tuumor,

Unusual error. It could be bad media...what kind are you using?
    What speed are you burning the discs at? Try doing it slower...your burner may be "loosing it" when burning.

Adder.

3. Tuumor

Tuumor Member

I'm using Sony dvd-r and my burner is an MSI. I just let it burn at the max speed and it seems to work just fine. However, when i look at the bottom of the DVD i can kind of see that it didnt burn the whole disk, only some of it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I am trying using DVD Decryptor now and i'm going to see if that works. I'll let you know.

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

DVD Shrink wont fill an entire 4.7 Gb disc. Only around 4.3-4.4Gb. Should only leave about a 4mm area unburnt though, if not the disc isnt burning correctly. But to me it sounds as though the disc isnt closing properly, it is very important the disc has borders written to it, or some DVD Players wont be able to recognise the data and it will make the IFO incorrect. Put the disc in your PC see if it recognises all the chapters and total time. Use a burning app such as Nero to check the disc and see if its closed. I use Any DVD and Clone DVD, you can get a time limited trial. I can almost guarantee after you use Them a couple of times, you'll buy them, just for the convenience.

5. steveinoh

steveinoh Member

I have the same problem. I use CloveDVD and the playback will play about half wy through then it will freeze for a second then continue for about 2 minutes then freeze for good.

6. mtfred99

mtfred99 Member

I’ve tried using the guide and my dvd come out great with only one exception ill be watching the movie and all of a sudden it stop playing. When it gets stuck I can’t go forward, backward or chapter back or forth. I’ll have to restart the movie and fast forward past the spot. This doesn’t happened with every movie I copy but it dos seem to happen allot.
    I was using dvdxcopy and I thought it was the problem but dvdshrink dos the same thing.

7. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

the dvd player is searching the disc.
    what is the dvd player make/model? how old is it?

8. steveinoh

steveinoh Member

Fast-Forwarding does seem to help on most of the time. I tried it on another dvd player and its the same thing, in the same place. (?)
    I am using Clone DVD. I THINK it may be media. I bought some HP blanks and they worked.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  9. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

I'm not the only one having this problem I see! I just had my system crash and had to reinstall everything. Didn't have any problems until I started using dvdxcopy platinum. This time I am not going to install any virus software or nero to see if this will make a difference. Can anyone tell me where I can get some RITEK MEDIA?