1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd subs

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by narukid66, Oct 19, 2005.

1. narukid66

narukid66 Guest

ok i hav the Philips DVP642 and when i play my avi files the subtitles are like not fully there, like some of the lines are cut off from the bottom,is there ne way i can fix this???

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Sounds like overscan. You say avi, but then you say DVDSubs and overscan would suggest hard subs. What exactly are you talking about?

3. narukid66

narukid66 Guest

well first thing y the hell u critisin me ,i told u im a newb to the whole dvd seen, its always u ansewring my questions and yet u are noe help, if u got nothin to say dont reply ok , neways ok i convert my avis to dvd then i burn it to dvd. the subs are already on the avi files. i perfer u celticd not too answer u are usless, unless you wish to just guide me instead of critisisin me.

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

I ask you to clarify something and you just insult me? I and others can't help you unless they know what you are starting with, what you are doing and what you hope to end up with.

If you aren't willing to try and work though things, rather just waiting for a step by step guide for everything then you are never going to get far. Not everything in life can be compressed down to a simply guide and even if it can you won't learn anything by simply blindly following it.

So you have a player that supports avi's and you convert them to DVD? If the subs were hard encoded then as I said it would be overscan. Most TV's have overscan, basically the edge of the picture is cut off which in this case contains subtitles. When converting to DVD video you need to pad the video so that the padding gets cut off instead of the picture.