1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to avi rip

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mrlanrat, May 3, 2007.

1. mrlanrat

mrlanrat Member

Hi, i am looking for ONE piece of software that can convert/rip a dvd to a avi file.

i kno this can be done and i know that there is software out there to do this but after all of my long searches i cant seem to find anything.

all i want is a real basic program, no fancy fetchers (it can have them i just probably wont ever use them)

Thank!

2. colw

colw Active member

3. mrlanrat

mrlanrat Member

Which piece of software do you recommend?

Thanks.

4. colw

colw Active member

No recommendations - do not see point in converting to lower quality other than for space reasons.

There are both Software and Guides tabs located at the top of this page - suggest you do reading and research.

5. jony218

jony218 Guest

I only use FairUse 2.5 to convert to AVI, it's the only program that I have tried that always keeps my audio in my videos in sync.The free version will always encode your video to 700mb. The full (paid)version you can adjust the final size of your file(I always set mine to 1 gb for decent quality).This program requires a movie ISO file to work, What I use to get an ISO is DVDFabHD decrypter(free), Fixvts(free), and finally DVDshrink(free)to create the ISO file. I've use this program for about a year and have yet to get a out of sync AVI. I haven't ran into a program that wouldn't play these files, even my tabletop DVD/DIVX player will play these files with no problems.I tried dozen's of divx/xvid programs and this is the only one that has never let me down.