1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to AVI

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shadow09, Apr 15, 2007.

1. shadow09

shadow09 Member

I recently bought a DVD that turned out to be PAL and was unable to play on my DVD player so i got AutoGK and tried ripping it into an avi file but when i look at the output destination i see no avi just some ac3 files and winamp files for the audio and i cant find where the avi is.. what am i doing wrong?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. shadow09

shadow09 Member

your link doesnt quite help, im trying to rip PAl to AVI then using convertxtodvd rip it into DVD Format because PAL doesnt work for me...

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You're right, I'm sorry. I misread your post completely. I appologise.

So, you are trying to make a AVI file of a dvd which is PAl format and then use convertxtodvd to put it into NTSC format, correct?

Edit: If so, follow this guide...

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=300144

You can get the program he uses mainly TMPGEnc plus free for 14 days or so.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  5. shadow09

shadow09 Member

i followed the steps and i have the thing encoding right now.. the only question i have now is how do i make a dvd with this? i dont kno what software i would need because m2v file i have no clue if convertxtodvd will do it and now i think i have seperate audio files i dont kno how to add all the files together to make the dvd

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

7. shadow09

shadow09 Member

ok its done encoding and im trying to add the file on the program u told me but i keep getting the message that says the video framerate 25fps cannot be used with the resolution 720x480..what do i do now?

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, I'm no TMPGEnc expert myself, so you can either try another NTSC compatible dvd authoring software, or wait for someone else to reply. I'm just reading through the guide myself over @ VideoHelp to check if there's something you may have missed/done wrong or if I can find a solution.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Since it's in DVD format and all you need to do is convert from PAL to NTSC, you should use ConvertXtoDVD or Nero's Nerovision. Leave out the AVI conversion. I have both and they work about the same. The trial ConvertXtoDVD marks the video output. If you're going to do it with a trial, I'd suggest Nero. Nerovision has a wizard type interface that will lead you through the process. If any problems Nero has guides for the software online. I'm able to answer a few questions and there's a Nero forum here at AD.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007