1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by rajsehgal, Feb 22, 2003.

1. rajsehgal

rajsehgal Member

hello, I am very new to dvd to dvd copying, but I just downloaded dvd2one software and wanted to learn the easiest way to copy a dvd to a dvd-r. I have a pioneer-A05, that i just purchased. I know that dvd2one can do the work but is there some simpler way, such as using a few other programs, I did read one persons commments, but if there is another way, easier way, can someone please post so i can learn!..

Thanks
    New Learner
    Raj

2. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

It all depends, if you want a very easy program that copies a dvd with no problem, try DVDXCopy, it works well with dvds that are small enough to fit on one dvdr, otherwise it will split a movie to two disks, the only problem with the program is that is costs $100, does not reencode disks so that they may fit on one dvd(no switching movies half war), and it is no less effective than other methods that are much less expensive. Read the DVD2One guide under articles on this site, it should work very well for you. If you wish to learn more check out the other articles on this site, here:
    http://www.doom9.org or here:
    http://www.dvd2dvdr.com
    the latter two websites have an inumerable ammount of information on this subject and can help you (1) copy the movie and nothing else, using DVD2One or some other method (2) copying the entire disk if it can fit on one blank dvdr (3) picking and choosing what you want to go on one blank dvdr

In reviewing this post, and concidering that you are a self-described newbie I will answer the question that I would ask if I were in your shoes: The reason that some movies do not fit on blank dvdr's is because the movie industry has access to a technology called dual-layer dvds where they essentially combine two whole dvds into one disk, all dvd burners available to the public that play on a standalone dvd player are only able to burn single layered dvds, equating to half of what a movie could potentialy consume on dual-layer dvds.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2003