1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd to psp using a mac

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by djhxn, Mar 18, 2005.

1. djhxn

djhxn Guest

hi everyone.....

i was just wondering if there was an easier way to convert a dvd's video_ts folder into a format that can be transferred onto a psp?

i am currently using the latest version of ffmpegx which is 0.0.9 and mac the ripper. 1st i rip my dvd using mac the ripper. I then use ffmpegx to try to convert it to a psp readable format. when i try to import the video_ts folder into ffmpegx and then use the preset PSP conversion method, i get a message like cannot convert video_ts...please use vob etc., etc. so i go about converting the video_ts by 1st converting it to a divx mencoder. when that's converted, i then use that file and then convert it to a psp format. the whole process takes over 5 hours which is way to long.

so my questions are, is there any way that i can import the vob files from the video_ts folder into ffmpegx without converting each 1 individually? is there an option i can choose in ffmpegx that will allow me to import all the vob files at once and make them into one file? and if I do have to import and convert each and every vob file, how do I go about putting them all together to make 1 video file that can put on my psp?

i know there's a program out there for mac users called ipsp, but i haven't heard any great news about it. i've heard there are a few kinks and bugs that it needs to work out. if anyone has any positive feedback on ipsp, please let me know. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

mac the ripper.. use vlc player to find the correct vob. then use toast 7 and export to psp