1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to SVCD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by avina612, Feb 19, 2005.

1. avina612

avina612 Member

I would like to make a SVCD backup of my DVD's. I checked out some of the guides found on the home page about "SmartRipper: but found that to be kind of long and it sounds like I would have to download about 4 diffrent programs. I then cheacked out the guide about "DVD2SCVD", but I found out it can take up to 10 hours to make one backup! Any suggestions?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I just stopped myself twice from going off. I'll try again. Why DVD to SVCD and not DVD top DVD?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  3. avina612

avina612 Member

I figured backing up DVD's to SVCD would be cheaper. Is DVD to DVD the best way to go???

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Definitely! DVD-/+R media is pretty cheap now and the programs you need are free(DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink). You can find quality 50pks for $20 on average. Do you have a DVD burner?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  5. avina612

avina612 Member

Yes I do. I belive it burns DVD+/-. I have the program Nero. Is that a good program to use?

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Nero is a great program. You can download DVD Shrink from this site for free.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

Shrink and nero work great together. I also suggest you download DVD Decrypter for movies that shrink isn't able to rip(new tristar/columbia releases since late December).
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

You can check out the guides for these programs at the top of this site. Once you have read these guides feel free to ask me any other questions you have on these very easy to use programs. Good luck.