1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to VCD/SVCD ect

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Trom, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Trom

Trom Regular member

Up to know I have always copied my DVD's from DVD to DVD using DVDDecrypt/Shrink or DVDRB/CCE. Lately however I have noticed a lot of guides relating to ripping a DVD to HD, processing it with say DVD2SVCD and burning it to CD's(god know how many as 1 DVD holds about 6 times more data). Why would anyone want to burn a DVD to CD's especially when one DVD-/+R is easier. Is the quality better or am I missing something.

2. davewood

davewood Guest

No its not better and you are better off sticking to your tried method, but its good to convert to vcd if you are putting multiple movies on 1 dvd disk, ive just put lion king 1,2 and 3 on 1 dvd disk , perfect picture but it does take about 6 hours the whole process, but you only have to do it once for the end result i use intervideo copy 3 to convert dvd to vcd , its the fastest out there ive tried loads, it took me 90 minutes to convert braveheart (3 hours long) to a perfect vcd movie