1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd unusable

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by donita, Feb 13, 2007.

1. donita

donita Guest

DVD's recorded with my Hitachi camcorder cannot be seen by my windows 2000 operating system pc to be edited... which I need to do for a college recruiting video. I have been told to use dvd converting software, which I purchased. YASAsoft trial edition worked, so I purchased the full version. I can't get my purchased version to do more than the trial size, which converts only 1/3 the length of the dvd contents. Their software support (FAST FREE) has NEVER responded... I then purchased Winferno's Babel, which just doesn't work at all and their support merely states that it is illegal to copy a dvd and closes the issue, so I can't find out whhat I'm doing wrong or whatever... Is there anyone out there who can steer me in the right direction? Hitachi will not say (or perhaps they don't know) what the recorded format is so I can't figure out which program I need for this purpose. I do not want to copy movies. I just want to make a recruiting video. ASAP. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

the camcorder writes to a dvd-r right? and your system can't see the disk right? most likley your dvd rom won't read dvd-r but it will read dvd+r so what you need to do is get a dvd-rom drive that reads both formats of get a dvd+r-r burner and thain your problem will be solved

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Give Nero a try, using Nero Vision Express of course this will usually read those formats form DVD recorders or DVD camcorders where other programs will not. I have great sucess with using NVE.

4. donita

donita Guest

thank you! I will certainly check out Nero and find out what kind of dvd drive I have. ds