1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD very strange problems

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by juicyn, Sep 18, 2002.

1. juicyn

juicyn Member

I installed a DVD on a guys computer, and it comes up in '98 as being about ten drives. (drives D-J i think), i configured it as master, on the second ide controller, came up the same. i configured it as slave with the hard drive on IDE 1, came up the same. I did it every possible way, and i always got the same result, and he had been running a cd player on his computer until he bought the DVD and we re-installed that and it came up fine. it is a fairly new atx board with updated drivers...any help? juicynorris@hotmail.com

2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

in windows 98, make safe mode your friend. Remove all optical drives from safe mode and reboot.. possibly it has duplicates listed in safe mode and it is ghosting drives. (known windows 95/98 bug)

safe mode = continuously press F8 after system POST.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Re-boot the computer and press del to enter setup.

The first option (cant think of what its called) will include info on the drives + hard disks he has. I'd doubt that they would be duplicated there but if it is, you can turn them off.

Im sure you know this already but, i dunno it might help.