1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Video and Audio out of Sync

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by arry, Jul 8, 2003.

1. arry

arry Guest

Hi

I have read through the forums but cannot locate my exact problem.

The problem is that when I convert this particular divx to dvd the audio and video are out of sync. The divx plays fine by the way.

I will go through my procedure:

I had 2 * 600 meg divx files which I needed to join so I used AVI/MPEG Joiner 4.11 to make one large divx file.

I then used GSPOT to determine the correct codecs etc and this was the result. 3 video codecs and then xvid was used and 2 audio and ac3 dolby etc.

3. As the audio was AC3 I then download the nimo codec pack, and installed the AC3 audio decoder under the direct show filters list. I then download a program called avi audio decompressor to decompress the audio. I did this and it produced a pcm file.

I then opened this file in virtualDub and choose the following options: Audio – Full Processing, - Compression – no compression PCM and then saved it as a wav file.

I then used TPMGenc like I always do and choose the now separate audio and video files to produce a .m2v + wav file.

I then used TPMGenc DVD Author to produce the Video_TS folder and files.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to where I have gone wrong???

Many thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Could it be that during the ripping that the input/output framerate wanst specified properly?

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member