1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Video burning to coasters!! HELP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fshlee, Jan 15, 2004.

1. fshlee

fshlee Member

Hi, I followed the steps using DVD Shrink to get the .vob .ifo and .bup. And then I used Nero 6.3 to burn all these files into the video_ts folder on the dvd-r, with no multisession. Burning is successful, but it's a coaster as none of my dvd-roms can read it. I burned it at 2X and the disc is 2X compatible. I also made sure the total size of the files don't exceed the disc max. Can someone shed some light into this? Thanks.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi fishlee,
    The way around this is to upgrade your Shrink to vesion 3.1.2 and it will auto-burn for you using your Nero.
    If you are using 3.0b5 make sure you are putting your video files in a folder on your hard drive and then use Nero Burning ROM to burn that to your disc.
    Make sure you are in the DVD-Video mode of Nero Burning ROM.
    You mentioned that you did not use multi-session which is correct, but if you are in DVD-Video mode, multi-session is greyed out and CAN'T be selected.
    When you open the Nero "New Compilation" window, look at the left for the mode icons and be sure to select DVD-Video.
    Good luck,
    Frank

3. fshlee

fshlee Member

fasfrank, Thanks for the info. I am using DVD Shrink version 3.1 and the auto-burn with Nero 6.3. Burning does work, but the disc is not readable. So I tried burning manually using nero, of the same files, and used the data verification, basically the same thing happened. Burning is fine, no problems, but data verification failed for all the files. Any clue?

4. fshlee

fshlee Member

Can someone shed some light into this? Thanks.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi again fishlee,
    I need more info, all I know is that you have a computer with two DVD programs on it, some video files from somewhere, a burner and some 2X -R blank discs.
    I assume that you get no error messages other than a failed data verification. Nero is reading the files from the burned disc and comparing them to the source files.
    I would not expect the disc to play if data verification failed for all the files.

I recommend buying some high quality R/W media that you can practice with. Make sure it matches your burner (-R burner uses -R/W media).

I would like to know:
    Are your source files from a commercial DVD-9?
    Have you burned a working DVD copy before?
    What are the general specs of your computer? RAM, hard drive, processor speed, etc.
    What brand and model DVD burner are you using?
    Did the burner come with your computer?
    What other DVD/CD programs do you have installed?
    What brand of blank media are you using?

Frank

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  6. fshlee

fshlee Member

Hi, I think I know what's wrong with it. It's the DVD-R. I've been using Liquid Video DVD-R, 4 tries, 4 coasters. So I took out the DVD+R that came with my burner and that burned perfect. I know the two disc types are different, but my burner is capable of burning both -R and +R. So I'm just going to go buy some other brand of DVDs.

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Yeah, thats probably eaiser than answering all those questions. ;D
    Best wishes,
    Frank