1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Video Plug in Required (NeroVision Express2)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by SaveMeCyn, Jan 4, 2005.

1. SaveMeCyn

SaveMeCyn Member

I've had a rough time trying to make just 1 dvd. I've already burnt 8 all of them don't play on any dvd players except the one that's a DVD/Media player.

I was first trying to burn an mpeg1 with nero vision express. I thought when it transcoded it was transfering the file from mpeg to the dvd format it needs to be to play.

It didn't play, so I tried converting the format to mpeg2. that also didnt' work. Then I got WinAVI video Converter. That transfered the mpeg to a .vob file.

So I tried to load the video into nero and got the message: DVD Video Plug in Required

Due to patent license restrictions, Dolby Digital 2-channel decoding is not available.

It goes on to tell about how you need to buy Nero 6 or the DVD-Video Plug-in.

I'm assuming if i don't buy the plug-in then the software I got is useless as it won't seem to make dvds.

Am I going about things wrong? Is there really no other way I can't easily make dvds?

I was under the impression that you could just take your mpegs into nero and it'd do the rest. Is there really no way that it can do that?

Ok I think I've asked enough questions. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cynthia.

2. EightPaws

EightPaws Member

Have you tried using Nero's Recode utility to convert the file to MPEG-2 in DVD Video format?

3. SaveMeCyn

SaveMeCyn Member

Ok I'm trying that now. Thanks for the suggestion, let's hope it works! *crosses fingers*