1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD video resolution problem

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by pinto77, Jun 14, 2004.

1. pinto77

pinto77 Member

I made a video in combustion with 1094x576 pixel resolution .
    My question is the following :
    Is there anyway to mantain that video resolution in a dvd?
    If there is can anyone explain me how? If not what should i change to keep that aspect ratio?

thanks a lot
    Pedro
    Portugal

PS:
    Portugal uses PAL not NTSC

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

No, You can not use that resolution for Creating a DVD cuz it is not a DVD Compliant resolution....
    If you want to put that Video on a DVD and keep the Original Aspect ratio you will have to use the Pal DVD Resolution of 720+576 but if you resize to that resolution the aspect ratio will be Off so you must resize it to 720+416 and then add a 80 Pixel Boarder on the Top and an 80 Pixel Boarder on the Bottom which will make the Resolution a Pal DVD Compliant Resolution of 720+576 (416+80+80=576) and it will keep the Original Aspect ratio.....

What encoder are you useing to Create this DVD???

3. pinto77

pinto77 Member

Hi Minion

Could you explain how and in which program am i able to resize the movie to 720+416 and then add a 80 Pixel Boarder on the Top and an 80 Pixel Boarder on the Bottom?

Abut the encoder i am using i tried several :discreet cleaner; Mainconcept mpeg encoder ; and TMPGenc
    Please let me know which one you would use or recommend

Thanks a lot
    Pedro

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can only use Tmpgenc to do this Type of Resizeing because the Other encoders do not have the Features to do this...
    You just Load your File into Tmpgenc and go to "Settings" and Under the "Video" tab set the Video resolution to "720+576" then go to the "Advanced" Settings Tab and set the "Video Arrange Method" to "Center Custom Size" and then set the size to "720+416" and that is it ,you just encode the File to Mpeg2 and it will keep the Original Aspect Ratio......Cheers

5. pinto77

pinto77 Member

Just a small question : which is the right version of TMPGenc i should get to do that type of Resizeing?
    I have tmpgenc 3.0 xpress and tmpgenc DVD Author 1.5 but i couldnĀ“t find the video and advanced tab

Thanks
    Pedro

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

I am talking about the Regular version of Tmpgenc or Tmpgenc Pluss..It is a More advanced version of Tmpgenc Express....You can download it in the software section of this site....

7. Dapper88

Dapper88 Guest

Hi pinto77
    Your resolution is allmost equal to the 16/9 aspect ratio so in MC start with Mpeg type = DVD go to detail than to advanced and put the aspect ratio to 16/9 done !
    And to Minion your wrong about MC it can make boarders use crop and scale then in scale disable keep proportions set the height you want in your case 416 and keep the width at 720 and it will create boarders of 80 80 black !!