1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD vs. SVCD (questions and comments)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by T2K, Jan 7, 2003.

1. T2K

T2K Guest

my freind has got millions of svcd's but I dissagree I think that dvd's are simple to create and the quality is well worth watching. compatability? thats a no brainer._X_X_X_X_X_[small]T2K[/small]

2. johnbmx

johnbmx Member

.dvd's are obviously better..but for those of us who cant afford a dvd burner yet but our dvd players play svcd's then thats what we have for now.

3. T2K

T2K Guest

Ok ,Ok you have really good point, but id also like to add that with the new 16x DVD burners coming out there should definitely be some major price drops with not only DVD burns but the media as well. Case in point I would like to hear more posts. Thank you come again. heh

4. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

DVDS! no competition..
    svcd's are nice for those without a dvd burner, but for us with them.. oh yea, it is nice.. i want to get a dvd player in my car and hopefully be able to just buy 10 dvd+rws and use those for the car player and just copy movies i have onto it like a blank vhs cassette styled..

when you get a dvd burner, check out my site to learn how to 'backup' your dvds..
    peace
    seamonkey420

Last edited: Jan 7, 2003
  5. T2K

T2K Guest

Great post sea monkey, and yes by the way your site is killer I wish I had one of that caliber, someday.... but any way's you’ve mentioned updating the site, will you be adding more dvd stuff? and ohh ya why get rid of the flash intro screen? I thought it looked good.

--Tim2K

6. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

i thought i'd try to clean change it up a little.. maybe i'll redo the flash again..
    but yea.. i'll probably get around to that dvd splitting guide, since i bought the godfather and want to make a road copy of it..
    i want to do some authoring but making guides for that is a rather involving procedure..
    any requests?

again, thanks for visiting my site and the feedback

have a good one