1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd will not burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kunz, Sep 9, 2003.

1. kunz

kunz Member

Every time I try to burn a dvd I get an error message that states the dvd is copy protected. How can I get around this?
    When I try to burn movies such as bravehart from its DVD the error message come up_

I tryed to use DVD shrink and got the error message:
    DVDDhrink encounterd an error and can not continue.
    The error is:
    Failed to read from file

The reason is: Copy protection error - The current DVD region does not correspond to the region setting of the drive

I went on to try DVD Decrypter and got the error message:
    E 08:24:49 [0:0:0] PHILIPS DVD+RW SDVD6004 0.99 (D:) - UDF File System Parsing Failed!
    &
    E 08:24:49 Reason: Function 'UDFFindPartition' returned 0

I was finally able to get started in the writting process but when it got half way throught the write stage on DVD Decrypter the error message came up:
    E 10:20:28 Failed to Write Sectors 2295104 - 2295135 - End of User Area Encountered on This Track

Thanks for everyone's help

Last edited: Sep 10, 2003
  2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Are you trying to copy onto a pre-recorded movie? I think some more details would be helpful.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Thats because the movie is copy protected! You cant just do a 1 to 1 copy of a dvd. Use DVDshrink to decrypt and shrink the movie, then burn.

4. koola

koola Guest

Or use AnyDVD and CloneDVD for nearly a one-click DVD copy process!