1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD WITH LPCM AUDIO FORMAT ISSUES

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by TAULISA, Feb 11, 2011.

1. TAULISA

TAULISA Member

HAVE JUST DECRYPTED(DVD-SHRINK 3.2)A DVD WITH ITS ORIGINAL LPCM AUDIO FORMAT AND CANNOT REMAKE A NEW DVD PAL THROUGH AVS4YOU SOFTWARE BECAUSE THIS AUDIO FORMAT IS NOT SUPPORTED.

CAN SOMEONE KINDLY INFORM ME OF ANY FREE SOFTWARE TO CONVERT MY RIPPED VIDEO_TS FILES INTO DVD WITH AC3 OR MPEG-2 FORMATS SUPPORTED BY AVS4YOU ?

THANK YOU
    REGARDS
    TOBY

2. attar

attar Senior member

Using all capitals in a post will ensure the wrath of the Moderators - so please turn the Caps Lock off.

1. I'm not familiar with Avs4You - so can't say what it will accept.
    2. I haven't seen a DVD with only LPCM audio.

You can try using the old DVD-Decrypter software in 'IFO Mode' to demux the video and audio into separate streams - the audio will probably be a multi-channel wav file.

If your program will accept those files, fair enough.

You can also try to author the new DVD using DVD Flick.
    Load the video stream from DVD-Decrypter, then 'Edit' the Title to add the audio stream.
    It should convert the audio to multi-channel AC3 audio.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD_Decrypter

An alternate path would be to use VOB2MPG to convert the files you got from DVD Shrink into a single MPEG file.
    That file could probably be loaded into DVD Flick and authored.

3. TAULISA

TAULISA Member

I haven't seen a DVD with only LPCM audio.
    Well Michael Jackson 3-DVD set (VISION) features LPCM audio format only.

4. TAULISA

TAULISA Member

In addition to avs4you video remaker software, does anybody know/recommend any video edit/cut/remaker freeware supporting LPMC audio format ?

Your help is kindly appreciated.

Regards
    Toby

5. Bluesman69

Bluesman69 Member

I don't know of any software for working with DVD-Video that does not support LPCM audio. According to the DVD-Video specifications, the primary audio track must be either AC3 or LPCM, so it is possible to have a DVD containing only LPCM. All other audio formats are optional.

Try to explain exactly what you are trying to do, as this will make it easier for other forum members to advise you.

From your initial post, it seems like all you want to do is burn a DVD. The output from DVD Shrink is already in a format that is ready to burn to DVD using just about any burning application. Also, you only mention that you decrypted the DVD. You do not mention shrinking or re-authoring it in any way. This info will be helpful, as it is not clear whether you shrunk or re-authored the DVD in any way using DVD Shrink.

From one of your subsequent posts, it appears as if you may want to edit the video first before creating a DVD. Simply put - the more info you provide, the more "useful" help you will receive.

@D

6. TAULISA

TAULISA Member

Sorry for not making myself understood.
    What I'm trying to do is Split an. ISO file in many parts and then re-author them through DVD Shrink according to preference.

Bottom line:
    I got Michael Jackson's latest 3-DVD set VISION decrypted from DVD Shrink and oddly enough I can't re-make/split my main ISO file into several videos through my AVS Re-Maker software 'cause it does not support LPCM audio format which is the only one available on these 3-DVD set.

Never before have I encountered a DVD with LPCM audio format only.

Unlike other DVDs featuring LPCM and AC3 audio format together, this one's got LPCM audio format only.

Wish someone would help me out of it.

7. Bluesman69

Bluesman69 Member

OK, so my understanding is that you simply wish to extract individual video files from your DVDs and then re-author them into your own custom DVD without further editing of the individual files. Should I understand correctly, this can easily be accomplished using only DVD Shrink along with DVD authoring freeware such as DVDStyler or DVD Flick.

Simply open the source DVD or files you have copied to your hard drive using DVD Shrink, select the Re-author button and then individually extract the files that you require.

DVDStyler and DVD Flick both use FFmpeg, which supports LPCM, so you should not have any compatibility issues. Both are user-friendly open source applications that contain similar features to most commercial products on the market. You can create menus, add subtitles and then burn the DVD once you are done.

Good luck!
    @D

8. TAULISA

TAULISA Member

How could it be that latest DVDs come with LPCM tracks only within Audio_TS folder instead of (AC3+LPCM) altogether as most conventional DVD do ?

In such cases how can I get the Video_TS folder along with LPCM Audio_TS folder converted into AC3, MP2 and other commonly audio formats.

9. Bluesman69

Bluesman69 Member

Most conventional DVD-Video discs have nothing in the Audio_TS folder. The audio is usually contained in the Video_TS folder and is muxed with the video in VOB files. The Audio_TS folder is reserved for use by DVD-Audio discs, which cannot be played in standard DVD players. There is a hybrid format which contains both and, while it is possible this box set is in this format, it is highly unlikely. I took a quick look online and there is no mention of it. All that is mentioned is that the audio track is 24 bit 48 KHz LPCM stereo.

This would actually disappoint me if I was a big MJ fan, as I know several of these were recorded in 5.1. One of the big selling points of his box set is that the audio and video have been remastered. That may be so, but going from 5.1 to stereo seems to me like taking a step backward.

Also, why do you want to convert the audio to AC-3? LPCM is supported by all players. I use DVD Architect and you can easily do it in that, but that is a commercial application. However, you should be able to do this anyway using DVDStyler or DVD Flick as both support AC-3.

10. TAULISA

TAULISA Member

You say, why do you want to convert the audio to AC-3?
    Because the AVS4YOU Remaker software in which I cut/edit and select my preferred vbo files does not support LPCM audio format only.

Unless you suggest another commercial/open source software capable of splitting my entire VBO w/LPCM file into multiple VBO w/LPCM files I have no alternative SOLUTION other than converting VBO w/LPCM into VBO w/AC3 prior to processing into my AVS4YOU Remaker software.

I understand that most conventional DVD-Video discs have nothing in the Audio_TS folder. The audio is usually contained in the Video_TS folder and is muxed with the video in VOB file as in my case, but when it comes down to dealing with LPCM format only and you need to split its vob whose LPCM audio streaming is not supported it is really an embarassing procedure to carry out...