1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD with USB and mkv

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by tanksfan, Dec 1, 2009.

1. tanksfan

tanksfan Member

First if all, I hope I'm posting in the right sub-forum.

I currently have a Philips DVD player. But I'm planning to buy a Full HD Bravia and I need a HD DVD player to go along with it. Since I have loads of HD movies in mkv format, I need a player that can play these in HD resolution without any need of converting them to any other format.

My requirements are:
    1. Divx
    2. mkv
    3. USB support (for both avi and mkv)
    4. rmvb (optional)

I have searched the internet and found no branded dvd player that can play mkv files. The closest thing I could find that suited my need was the WD TV but it has no CD/DVD drive.
    So, basically I'm looking for a device that has the features of the WD TV along with a DVD drive.
    My estimated budget is under $120.

Thanks for your input.

2. tanksfan

tanksfan Member

No answers, huh?

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

This will probably be the best buy for you, will allow playback of all those downloads:

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/19893.cfm

Edit: I see you already looked into it(I am reading too fast). I doubt you will find a player that will play all the formats you want, and physical discs.You need to compromise. Or you could buy the proper hardware for your PC and stream to your TV.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009