1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd wont re-copy

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by gid, Mar 7, 2005.

1. gid

gid Member

hi
    ive copyed a dvd of mine onto a dvd-r disc and it works fine but i wanted to do another copy but it wont do it . it plays fine but stops half way through copying or dosent start at all ive been using dvdshrink and nero 6

thanks

2. budberner

budberner Guest

What brand of media? How fast did you write? I had a copy of a copy that wasn't in the best shape. Wouldn't analyze in shrink or clone2 but burned on the fly using nero. ?Go figure? What error messages are you getting?

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You also might want to try DVD Decrypter than use Nero. I had one where shrink and all the nero options didn't work - keep receiving the lovely cyclic redunancy error. Ran it through Decrypter and to my surprise it worked than I burned with Nero.

4. gid

gid Member

im using datawrite gray tops -r , they usally been alright . also ive tried it through dvd decrypter and that fails its as if its just copying wrong or leaving something out

5. gid

gid Member

im copying at 4 speed someone said it minght be leaving root files in what ever they are

6. gid

gid Member

also ive been getting a message when i start the computer which says INVALID BOOT. INI FILE
    BOOTING FROM C:\WINDOWS\
    as this got anything to do with it but the computer runs fine

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

If you have an invalid boot file, I wonder if your HD has been corrupted. You may need to flatten & re-install XP